When your friends / family split up with their partners, are you normally sad or relieved?

When your friends / family split up with their partners, are you normally sad or relieved?

I spoke to a friend of mine earlier this week, and he told me he and his wife had separated.

I was pretty sad to hear about this, as I like his wife a lot, and it got me thinking I'm very rarely relieved to see my friends' relationships break down.

Sometimes, you can tell people are in a toxic relationship, and although it's never a joyous time when a relationship ends, you can see it's for the best.

Most of the time, however, it seems to be a shame, in my experience.

How about you?
  • Indifferent
    Vote A
  • Sad
    Vote B
  • Relieved
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends what their relationship was like, probably equal between sad and relieved/happy. Not gonna lie my people have some TERRIBLE taste in relationships, my grandma has been married six times and has been with her boyfriend for a few years. On the other hand there are some amazing ones, and even if they’ve separated for reasons I didn’t get they stayed close to our family.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Like you said above, if the relationship was toxic or if you could see the whole thing falling to pieces, I would feel relieved for them.
    If it was a couple that I didn't see problems with and it came out of the blue, I would feel a little sad for them

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm indifferent. I'm sad about the friend/family member being in a crappy mood and all because of the split-up, but I don't care about their relationships. If they split up it means that's for the best, I guess. That's why I'm not the best person to give advice about relationships, because I just don't care. I can tell what I would do if it was me, and that's it.

0|0
    0|0
  • My sister is splitting up with her husband. It’s hard to see them part ways. They’re still living in the same house for now. I was letting her dogs out to go potty while they’re at work. I hate going to her house and seeing what was once a happy home full of hope for the future become so lonely.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it’s sad when any relationship breaks down, however sometimes am relieved because the other person is a horrible piece of shit :)
    I picked sad up top, but really it could be either...

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends if it was a healthy relationship. If the other person was bad for them, then relieved but sad for the situation and grief they go through. Just depends on the situation

0|0
    0|0
  • I know things are never what they seem but it makes me really sad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depending on how close we were or the situation, but usually I’d be sad.

0|1
    0|0
    • In the situation you were in I’d be sad.

I would only feel indifferent if we weren’t close or relived first it was toxic or abusive

• Either indifferent or relieved. Definitely not sad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the relationship. Some made me sad, some made me glad and some made ms not care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relieved 😂😂

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Finally! Now the rest of us don't have to continually deal with their relationshit! Every time it's a bullshit breakup over something stupid and it's unrelateable so the entire time I can't wait for it to be over, having realized the relationship was doomed far earlier than it actually ended.

0|0
    0|0
  • can't say, don't know anyone like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Indifferent. I don't really care

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes