When your friends / family split up with their partners, are you normally sad or relieved?

I spoke to a friend of mine earlier this week, and he told me he and his wife had separated.

I was pretty sad to hear about this, as I like his wife a lot, and it got me thinking I'm very rarely relieved to see my friends' relationships break down.

Sometimes, you can tell people are in a toxic relationship, and although it's never a joyous time when a relationship ends, you can see it's for the best.

Most of the time, however, it seems to be a shame, in my experience.

How about you?
  • Indifferent
  • Sad
  • Relieved
    Vote C

114

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends what their relationship was like, probably equal between sad and relieved/happy. Not gonna lie my people have some TERRIBLE taste in relationships, my grandma has been married six times and has been with her boyfriend for a few years. On the other hand there are some amazing ones, and even if they’ve separated for reasons I didn’t get they stayed close to our family.

Most Helpful Guy