Is it normal for my boyfriend to go out on a "friend" date with another girl?

So my boyfriend isn't really close to this girl, and i know that in the past she's had feelings for him before. He went out to the movies with her while him and i were having a fight but he said that he has no feelings for her and it was to help him "recover".

I did notice during that period of time they were talking a lot and when I tried to solve the fight with him he would ignore me. Also, he has strict parents where he rarely goes out but he went out with her instead of me when I beg him to.

It raises way too many red flags for me and I'm planning to break up with him

915

Most Helpful Guy

• Not enough insight to know for sure, but I think three possibilities. 1) He's being honest (I'm a nurse and dancer, 80% of my friends are female) 2) He's starting to look at other options and thinking about seeing her 3) He already has her locked down as a side chick.
    From what little we know, I'd guess he's cheating on you. Lots of red flags from this perspective.