Is it normal for my boyfriend to go out on a "friend" date with another girl?

So my boyfriend isn't really close to this girl, and i know that in the past she's had feelings for him before. He went out to the movies with her while him and i were having a fight but he said that he has no feelings for her and it was to help him "recover".

I did notice during that period of time they were talking a lot and when I tried to solve the fight with him he would ignore me. Also, he has strict parents where he rarely goes out but he went out with her instead of me when I beg him to.

It raises way too many red flags for me and I'm planning to break up with him

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not enough insight to know for sure, but I think three possibilities. 1) He's being honest (I'm a nurse and dancer, 80% of my friends are female) 2) He's starting to look at other options and thinking about seeing her 3) He already has her locked down as a side chick.
    From what little we know, I'd guess he's cheating on you. Lots of red flags from this perspective.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• Fuck that retard, if i had girlfriend would spend all time with her , even escape school and get into problems, and he goes just like that with another person out instead of you? Lol dump him. There is much more guys who loves you and has crush on you, even single is better then someone who makes you look stupid.

2|0
    0|0
  • Actually it’s worse that he went out with someone he barely knows than with a longterm friend. Plus going to the movies? People don’t go to the movies to talk.

He was hoping to get with her or replace you with her in my opinion.

Just end the drama by dumping him

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no, if you're not going on the date with him, fuck him, there's literally no reason he should put another girl in front of you. Unacceptable to the highest respect. If there is any indication of him having something w her. Confront him. It'd be better to be the one the ends it than to be the one having ended on

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy, if he has a lot of female friends then I would say yes. If he has one female friend and has a friend date with her i would consider the possibility of him cheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was whilst you were fighting, I suspect it was an atempt to provoke you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd trust your gut feeling on this one. There are too many red flags.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're comfortable with it. If not, then communicate that to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if I knew her for ten+ years. But someone I barely knew? You're being played.

0|0
    0|0
  • Going to hang out with another girl can be fine, but not if he is choosing her over you

0|0
    0|0
  • That sounds... fishier than a fish market

0|0
    0|0
  • Too many red flags. Sounds fishy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds quite fishy for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That is abnormal

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't tell if he's a prick or a guy with a female friend. One of my best friends is a girl. A bunch of my friends always asked if I could tell her about them, and sometimes I did, because I was not into her, I was very much in to my girlfriend. It never really collided, and in important situations even though I love all of my friends, I would pick my girlfriend over any friend. So if you get the feeling he doesn't do that, then I would say it's super weird he goes to the movies with another girl when he has strict parents.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• So he essentially went on a date with a girl he barely even knew in order to “feel better” while fighting with you? That doesn’t make sense to me. It’s not like they’ve been close friends for years. Something about this definitely seems fishy.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you think it is a red flag then it is a red flag. And does he even mean by recover. He is just liking the attention he is getting from both of you. Sweetie you deserve better

1|0
    0|0
  • If she was gay I’d say no. How long he knew her for? I went on friend date with a guy who gotta girlfriend there nothing there at least on my way sometime he come to me for advice.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not called a friend date it's hanging out with a friend.

0|1
    2|0
  • Simplest way I can put it is if its raising a bunch of red flags then trust your gut Hun.

0|0
    0|0
  • ofc noooo girl 😬

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no

0|0
    0|0
  • Too many red flags, dump him.

0|0
    0|0
  • He went out with another girl while in a fight with you?
    He should have been making amends with you instead
    girl dont waste your time, dump him.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes