I got dumped a few days ago and he messaged me "you doing ok?" Why is he doing that?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• That you break up with someone does not mean you don't worry about that individual. As a matter of fact, if you were with that person as a starter it means that that person might care.

Breaking up can be as hard as it can be being dumped, depending on the conditions. It is quite common during break ups that the person making the decission still loves (some way or another) the individual being rejected. That hurts too, because we don't want to see someone we care about being hurt, we just decided that our relationship is not worth due to strong incompatibilities that will grow worse over time.

Even in the scenario in which he dumped you for another woman, still that does not mean he does not care for you. So probably he feels both guilt and concern about you, which is absolutely normal if you shared a history together.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be so pissed off.. don’t text him back that’s something my so called boyfriend would say

• Your right he ain't getting nothing from me

What Guys Said 8

• That would only happen if he has a genuine concern for your well being. Perhaps he was a pretty good guy but unfortunately the dump thing came along.

• Post dumb guilt. Simple as that. Now that you're gone, he's worrying that he hurt you and therefore is trying to reconcile things in order to ease his mind.

• Well im a wreck and I'll never get over it

• Dumping someone doesn't mean not caring for someone. It could mean anything from 'this new girlfriend isn't working out for me' to 'I hope she's ok, she seemed to take it pretty bad' to 'I made a mistake breaking up with you'.

• Many of us actually do care about the women we have decided to break up with.

• A: he wants to see if you still want him, he would be expecting an answer such as " I miss you" or " no, I'm not" indicating you still have feelings. See guys like to play w girls heads, to see how loyal a girl is and if she would still want him back after a breakup. It's to boost self esteem.

B: he genuinely cares about whether or not you're coping well with the sudden breakup.

C: he wants to get back together with you.

• Im honestly a mess i just don't know anymore :(

• I haven't responded yet I'm just so broken

• Don't reply, and if you feel as if it's A, you could ask back in response " are you doing ok"

• Because he cares about you. Which doesn't mean he wants you back.

• Sounds like he is regretting his decision.

• You really think so?

• That's what my gut instinct instantly told me. I really doubt he would message you just to make sure that you are doing all right because messaging you will just get your hopes up and remind you of him which wouldn't help you get over him.

• Yeh that's very true I haven't responded to him yet I've never felt so hurt in my life

• You will get over it, trust me

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!