Do you think it’s more or less likely to marry your first boyfriend/girlfriend?

I’m dating my first girlfriend we’ve been together for four months. Do you think it’s more likely I will break up with my first girlfriend now that I am out of the closet. My girlfriend was/is straight I guess bisexual now after me. Do you think I have a chance of marrying her or do you think we will eventually break up? People always say it’s rare you will ever marry your first.

35

What Guys Said 5

• By far, most first relationship don't last.

• That’s what everyone has been telling me

• Typically less likely but I'd say don't let odd stand in your way, fight for your relationship and don't give up on her

• It's hard to say how good the relationship is going whether
    you marry your first girlfriend, things always change for all of us.

• I think it depends on when you have your first partner, because in the mean time, you find yourself and find out what you want and need in life.

• in my opinion, it takes a very special couple to make a first real relationship last. It's incredibly difficult because the two people are going to grow so much, it's hard to find someone who you can grow with.

So while it's likely y'all will break up, it's not set in stone. If that makes sense?

• Yes makes complete sense! Thanks for taking the time to answer. I appreciate it! I also feel like this relationship won’t last since she mainly
      Likes guys. Kinda feel like she’s just experimenting.

• I'm also of the opinion that every relationship is a learning experience, and therefore they all have value in them. Short or long, for what it's worth.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends on the age the relationship started. It's more unlikely to marry, if they started dating in their teens, because people are just trying to find out who they are. Only after they figure that out, they start to understand what they need from a partner. But it's never impossible. I'm sure still today people marry their high school sweethearts. But always going into a relationship, there shouldn't be the thought of "this is not going to last". If it lasts, it lasts. If it doesn't, so be it. But you need to have the feeling it will last, or it definitely won't.

• People always say that, but yet my parents have been together since they were 15. My aunt was together with her husband since 17. I know many folks who are still with their first love.

• I didn’t marry my first boyfriend