How do you let a girl down gently?

I have girl friend and we kinda can't see each other and I am starting to like another girl what do I do

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Be as straightforward as you can. Don't prolong it. Above all, don't act like a jerk so you can get her to dump you because that just leads to more pain on her side and it takes a butt load of time. A guy did that to me and man, I did not appreciate it.

There really isn't a way to let a girl down gently when you're moving on to another girl. It's nice of you to not just suddenly ignore her but I hope you know it's going to hurt her feelings and I hope you're not feeling good about this.

What Girls Said 4

• Tell her that you can't see her because (insert reason here). Give her a long tight hug and let her leave when she's ready, don't make her leave immediately if she doesn't want to.

• I would but remember we can't see each other

• Ah yes. Tell her on the phone that you two just can't be together. Don't tell her about the other girl. But answer questions she may have and talk to her until she's ready to not talk.

• K I can try

• Well start to put distanst between you too and then explain that you need space to find out what you really want. Let her know you care for her/love her/whatever and you two will stay friends. After the conversation call/text a few days later to check on her. Text/call once a week until it you can get to maybe twice a week.

• Well definitely don't tell her you like someone else. That would not be gently at all. Just say the distance is bothering you and you don't feel you can have a relationship where you can see them.

• There is no easy way to let a girl down. She will be hurt either way just soften the blow as much as possible by nor playing with her emotions. Do no tcall her or be friends with her afterward That messes up a girl's head and is not fair for her -she will need to emotionally detact to move on. You already have , let her do that to. Be nice and please do not break up with her by text or phone. Do it in person - be a man. There are few men out there.

What Guys Said 1

• This is also the hardest thing for me too, especially when you know it is going to break her heart. I would tell her as much of the truth as possible about how you are feeling (minus the info about the other girl or wanting to see other people...this is not necessary and will most certainly be hurtful). Make sure you are clear about the fact that the relationship is over and you two are not dating anymore and stand your ground until the end of the phone call. You will almost certainly feel sh*tty for a couple of days but it will be over and she will eventually move on.