Should I break up with him?

Okay so me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 2 months now. We have known each other for 7 and the transition into dating was super easy and comfortable. But I know he loves me more than I do him. I don't think the relationship will last he just isn't the one for me. Is what I feel. It's like I hope he will end up a really good friend. Should I break it off now or let it just keep going and enjoy it. And what if he gets really serious? Will it hurt him more to keep dating him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh honey this is really unfortunate. Firstly, I'm going to be blunt and say you shouldn't have let it transition into dating from friends unless you were 100% confident it would last. I know it takes two to tango but at least admit for your part in it.

For the question, if you're unsure about a relationship, talk to him first. But if you're unhappy, then you'll have to end it to avoid longterm heartbreak. (Summary: unsure = communicate; unhappy = end it). And ultimately, I do agree with what's already been said, you will find it difficult to go back go friends after dating. As you will be the one to end it, he will harbour the feeling he has for you. They will ferment and grow stronger (after all, you don't know what you have until it's gone). Although if you are able to end it on good terms and have a mutual understanding of the boundaries of your then-adjusted relationship then you could make it work as friends. But is his company worth being unsure/unhappy about?

Hope this helps!!
    - Dr Chance

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I think if you're in a relationship and basically waiting for it to end then it's best to get out before he gets any wrong impressions for the future.

It'll be hard and painful but it'll prevent worse pain later on. I wouldn't expect to be able to go back to being great friends immediately, it'll probably never be how it was before you started dating, but I'd say it's better for both of you if you're honest about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it will hurt him more the longer you sting him along but before you break up with him remember all the good times you two had together and think to your self am I sure he is not the one for me but remember the longer you take the more it will hurt

0|0
    0|0
  • YEAH if u don't wanna be serious, seriously brkup with him

1|1
    0|0
  • Honesty honesty honesty, he might be hurt but he will forgive you because you were honest

1|0
    0|0
  • This is why u don't date friends u should stop it now but there is no way you 2 will be able to change back into friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes break up with him if you aren't feeling it why tag him along

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, quit wasting that poor guy's time.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes