Should I break up with him?

Okay so me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 2 months now. We have known each other for 7 and the transition into dating was super easy and comfortable. But I know he loves me more than I do him. I don't think the relationship will last he just isn't the one for me. Is what I feel. It's like I hope he will end up a really good friend. Should I break it off now or let it just keep going and enjoy it. And what if he gets really serious? Will it hurt him more to keep dating him?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh honey this is really unfortunate. Firstly, I'm going to be blunt and say you shouldn't have let it transition into dating from friends unless you were 100% confident it would last. I know it takes two to tango but at least admit for your part in it.

For the question, if you're unsure about a relationship, talk to him first. But if you're unhappy, then you'll have to end it to avoid longterm heartbreak. (Summary: unsure = communicate; unhappy = end it). And ultimately, I do agree with what's already been said, you will find it difficult to go back go friends after dating. As you will be the one to end it, he will harbour the feeling he has for you. They will ferment and grow stronger (after all, you don't know what you have until it's gone). Although if you are able to end it on good terms and have a mutual understanding of the boundaries of your then-adjusted relationship then you could make it work as friends. But is his company worth being unsure/unhappy about?

Hope this helps!!
    - Dr Chance