Breakup Complications?

My girlfriend and I just broke up after 8 months. She said she is too stressed right now with school and work and doesn't think she can handle a relationship right now, but she still has feelings for me and I'm one of the most important person in her life so she still wants to keep in contact with me. Now this sounds like i still have a chance in the near future right but I'm seriously conflicted. Why, because I don't want to be the type of guy waiting and waiting for when she is rdy and I get my hopes up thinking we still have a future together and a few months later find out she found someone else. I'm not dumb, when u don't talk to someone you had feelings for has much as you use too, feelings eventually fade. ( Depending on the person, but lets not get to technical here ) Then, on the other hand Im depressed because what if I decide to mentally move on so if i see her with another guy it won't affect me but it would turn out she didn't lose interest in me all. It sounds so stupid and complicated but I honestly have been thinking about this for a few days. This is the first time I actually fell for someone and got attached. My past relationships have been nothing but quick flings for sex that didn't last more than 1 month. You can see why im confused. Help.
Breakup Complications?
Add Opinion