How do I get over my ex? It's been over a year now. HELP!!

I was talking to this guy on and off my freshman year. Sophomore year was a bit more serious. He finally asked me out and we dated for 6 months. He never really gave me a reason why we broke up we just did, OVER THE PHONE! He was my first boyfriend and kiss. After we broke up we didn't talk for 7 months, then somehow we started talking again and we spent Christmas together. After that we didn't talk for 6 months then found each other at a carnival. He told me he was leaving for the Air Force in a couple weeks. We texted each other a lot until he could no longer text cause he had left for training. I get an IM on Facebook from his ex, of 2 weeks saying she loved him and missed him a lot. He's finally back and he text me. His ex and I became friends. So when she told me he text her too I was upset. I just found out yesterday that they are dating again. I can't seem to get over it. I dated him for 6 months and it was great. They only dated for 2 weeks and he's back with her? The times we didn't talk I thought I was over him but then when I'd see or talk to him all the feelings I thought I no longer had came back. Why can't I get over him? It's been over a year.
How do I get over my ex? It's been over a year now. HELP!!
Add Opinion