If someone gets over you quick did they love you?

If a girl and a guy break up and the guy is over her in a few months but the girl is practically drinking herself to death still after 8 months and she can't even watch the same shows they watched together music etc but he seems to have no problem doing so... does that mean she loved him more?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• That’s not a testament of love. It just says that one is moving on faster then the other but in reality they’re both stuck. If the guy “moves” on he’s filling a void to be with someone rather then taking alone time to build himself. If the girl chooses to drinking herself away each night then she’s sulking in sadness in a very unhealthy way. Both are dealing with the breakup in very self destructive ways.

• But I still loved him and we got "back together" and I was so happy and he looked like he hated me.

• Thank you for that!!!

• Of course! Wishing you all the best

Most Helpful Girl

• 8 months isn't quick, honey. It doesn't mean anything, some people just take longer to heal than others.

• Maybe it's Jett condition then? Maybe I'm more sensitive Than he was I don't know but it hurts to know he's just fine and I'm crying daynin and out

What Guys Said 2

• That’s an unfair assessment. You can’t really judge a person if they’ve loved you or not, based on how fast they may have gotten over you. Besides, if it seems like this person got over you quick, it’s possible they were falling out of love with you while you were still in a relationship. Which might explain why they recovered so fast. But I wouldn’t worry about it. Learn from it and move on.

• Which means they weren't that "in love" to begin with because he did so much to hurt me yet I still loved him. I did nothing but react to his hurt and he deminished. Makes sense

• I don't think love can be measured like this because some people deal with things better than others. Maybe they both loved at 100% on what they could offer but someone's love is just a bit deeper but that doesn't mean he loved you any less

• So I loved him a little deeper? Kinda feels that way

• I mean hey contact her and see! There's only one way to find out!

• I was actually thinking about it after her birthday though which is at the end of the month lol good luck and thanks (:

What Girls Said 3

• It means she doesn't value herself, not that she loved him more. She thinks that because he's not with her she has less value somehow, so she abuses herself. The other guy clearly values himself and understands that just because things end doesn't mean he isn't worthy or can't find love again, he's just more stable. She isn't.

• Drinking yourself to death is never good. Social drinking and having fun is different and gets you out of that mind set of missing that person and dealing with the pain.

• Yeeeeeeeeeeep or he’s just really good with break ups maybe instead of feeling shit he just moves on and don’t think about it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• But isn't that impossible when you're heartbroken? It's a constant battle to feel okay if you're truly broken

• It’s kind of hard to explain think of it this way maybe he is heartbroken to but to fight the feeling of it he’s just putting on a act like he’s “totally fine ” he’s moved on but deep down he knows how much it hurts , and everyone is different we all react to things in our own why so there’s no why of really knowing what’s going on with him or how much he loved you unless you asked