Why do men always think women want to be in relationships with them?

I have a guy friend who I used to "date". I can't say it was dating because he never officially asked me out, but he would pine after me. We had a bit of a "falling out" and then when I tried reaching out to him again, he thought I was still interested in a relationship with him. We have similar friends and I was hoping it would be a little less awkward if we became friends again.

He told me he didn't owe me anything, and that if he had been the one still interested in me, he would have been arrested for harassment. The reason he said this is because I've tried reaching out to him a couple times, not just once and he has ignored me until this instance. He then told me to stop contacting him.

I'm not interested in him in anyway, but it sounds like he believes I am a crazy stalker.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• You are stalking him if he's clearly not interested and you keep contacting him. Borderline harassment

Most Helpful Girl

• same story!!! my ex came to me many times for friendship, after we ended things. I refused because I was still attracted to him physically. after sometime, I reached out for friendship and contacted him few times, he told me I am acting like a stalker. some are just idiots, they don't know what they want or what they're saying. their entire theory changes when they do the same things
    in short >> You're not a stalker, he has issues