How do I forget a guy I love?

What worked for you?
I've been crying everyday because he is now ignoring me for a week. We used to date and he was a drug user. He used to lie a lot and most of the times I was miserable.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Then be happy that you get rid out of this person, it sounds silly at first, but you have to move forward and you will do it eventually after couple of months at least, maybe a year. I'm dealing with this for more than year and half and know how do you feel, however we can only focus on our life and do the best as far as we can.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, and I'm sorry you are going through a breakup as well. :(

• It's fine I get used to it, the more sooner you accept that loss and understand that we're people and all of us is taking our own choices, the easier you will get trought this.
      And if you have any contact details with him I'd suggest you to delete it, facebooks, instragram, mobile phone, the idea is to remove him from your mind, then time will cure you.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• It usually takes time but meditate on the positive standards with yourself and as a thought, focus on the point that there are good men out there that doesn't lie, drug free, respectful towards women, and also looking for a serious commitment.

1|0
    0|0
    • is it possible to find a man who wants commitment?

• Yes, it's just like finding the one which patients is key and I believe you will find the one when you at least expect it.

• I know this will sound harsh and it may not be possible for you but it worked for me. Hate him for what he put you through. Think about how selfish he was and how he would rather put you in danger being around drugs and lie to you than protect you and care about you.

1|2
    0|0
    • Thanks for the MHO. I really hope everything works out well :)

• You give it time, and in the mean time, you get busy and do things you like to do, treat yourself to some things you don't usually get, spend time with good friends and supportive family, get some exercise and good amount of sleep.

1|0
    0|0
  • Find someone who will take your mind off him I just got out a year long relationship and it killing me 😱

1|0
    0|0
    • sorry to hear that

• I'm trying find someone to talk to I've been really upset an just want to give up and die pretty much

• I feel you

• First off why do you want to forget this guy? Does he not love or like you? If that so. Love takes two people. It takes two to dance, kiss hold hands.. etc. He he dosent find you attractive or love you then that a turn off. I mean if i like a girl but she dosent like me in that way. Then she is not attractive in that way to me anymore. Does that make since?

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical activity helps, e. g., running, hiking, or playing basketball in my case. Talking to other women helps me forget someone, too.

2|0
    0|0
  • Frankly only one thing kept me going at a time like this... It's that I deserve better and that my soulmate is still out there in the world and I'll have the life I want no matter what... And it takes time to move on... It'll take time buddy. ...

1|0
    0|0
  • Time is the key but that don't help as you gotta live through missing him but if you keep away from him on and offline I promise you you will wake up one day and wonder why u missed him so much as he will no longer mean that much to you

1|0
    0|0
  • I hope you realize that this is not someone who loved you... you deserve better... open up your heart to your friend... share everything in your mind with someone and things will not be as bad as they are now...
    Take care!

Best of luck😊

0|0
    0|0
  • It's difficult. But you won't stop loving him. Just remember that being in love is not a reason to be together. He needs to be good to and for you

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't miss the guy, you miss the good times you had with him. Just realize that you can obtain that happiness with someone else

2|0
    0|0
  • Try to get rid of his memories and try to move on in ur own way. this relationship is not healthy. spend ur time with ur close friends during thisperiod of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • The issue is you never will forget him you will just move on. You need to realise that it is over and quite possibly for the best, which allows you to find what makes you happy or who makes you happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, whatever happens, happens for the best. You probably deserve better and, you'll find someone who truly loves you.

1|0
    0|0
    • To forget him, try thinking about the worst possible thing he could have done to you and, consider yourself saved.

• If he is still using dump his ads and move on. Let him come to you when he is clean he is not going to make you a priority in his life he will use you for everything he can. The drugs mean more than you do

0|0
    0|0
    • He got clean and we were trying to make things work. But he is still so selfish... I've spent a week with him this month and in the beginning, he was very sweet but then he had to play video games and smoked a lot of cigarretes

• He may have quit using but he still has a problem he thinks about a lot of things but you are not at the top of the list

• yes, it seems like he doesn't care

• Well, have as much sex and fun with other guys as possible. At least thats what I was told. However it could take years. It s all for nothing when you break up anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly i suggest you to not date him even if he is back to you. drug users are no good. and try to do other stuff. going out with friend and have fun ( i don't mean sex)

0|0
    0|0
    • you are right, but he was clean so I gave him a chance

• i am a doctor its really rear that i drug addict quit the addiction, the chance for relapse in 5 years is very high. we can say when someone got in to this shit he/she can just quit that when he or she dies. thats truth but a very sad one

• Was he worth the pain and heartache? Aren't you better than that

1|0
    0|0
  • Make ur self strong and look for new relationship. Make sure u don't get hurt

1|0
    0|0
  • Break up songs, remember why you broke up, and do something fun and productive for yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • I go out play disk golf medicate, and work with my son on his issues

0|0
    0|0
  • Apparently he's using drugs to forget about you. I wouldn't suggest that you follow his lead.

0|0
    0|0
  • Finding a new lover helps...

0|0
    0|0
  • Put one in the bed to get one out ur head

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Concentrate on you now! It's time for repairing yourself and bringing back your confidence and happiness :) it will be a tough journey but you will get there in the end.

https://youtu.be/hbBjdPB1V00
    This video may help

1|0
    0|0
  • I think all you have to do is redirect the love you have for him. You can give it to other people but it's much better if you give them to yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • You said you were miserable. That should help you forget him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes