Do you ever wish you could have your ex back?

• Yes
  • No

221

What Guys Said 21

• Yes and no. A particular ex I loved very deeply. And when we parted it was like I lost myself too. I lost a huge part of my identity because we were that close.
    Logically, I know its done. I know we didn't work out for many reasons and in retrospect we couldn't ever have worked out, the break was inevitable one way or another. But its like when someone close to you dies, and they just leave this gap in your life. Even if after a while, life goes on and you've moved forward. You've cut out reminders from them in your life and you're going on your way. Sometimes, some days you wake up and its heavy, you reminisc, something triggers memories and they just come back to you.

So yeah sometimes I do miss her. But I don't think I actually want her in my life ever again. Our relationship ended and it was for a reason. So I wouldn't wish for it back in that sense.

So its a yes and a no. I guess sometimes part of me would like the comfort of those moments, the happiness I felt in them, the love I felt for the her etc... but would I want her person back in my life, probably not, to be in a relationship with her again, also probably not.

I dont believe anyone truly ever forgets the people they have loved in their live. If you loved them, you gave a part of you away. You took and gave to the people who have come and gone in your life. And I think it's probably normal to miss some of them on occasion, even if it doesn't go any deeper than that.

• Couldn’t agree more. Probably have times when I would say yes, I would love to have them back, but agree with shat you have said. Well put.

• 7 years ago me and my ex broke up because it turned into a long distance relationship where she went off to grad School. She was my first Girlfriend outside of high school. Breaking it was my idea because I thought I can find someone as good or better than her that was local but i did still love her. 6 years later I often look back and think she was the best woman I ever had till today and I wish I was more patient with her

• One of my best friends is my ex but I have feeling it would not work out if we got back together. Yes she did grow quite a lot in past 5 years (same with me) but it would be better if she found decent partner who lives in the same are as she.

• I don't have an ex to get back with... hopefully I don't get one!! Any suggestions on how I can avoid that situation?

• Actually, yes. Once you both are in love, it’s going to be approximately two years before you start really noticing the things that bother you and possibly also slack off (both of you) on what you need to bring to the relationship. There are some good books to read about this... why we wait until it’s too late to start reading them, I don’t know. It’s like waiting until we have a house fire before buying a fire extinguisher.

• Wow, that actually makes sense!! Will be prepared for it... just in case.

• Good for you! I’m happy to share the books I felt were useful, if you like. Just pm me

• For a while till she was actively ignoring me. In person.

• I did that to both of my exes. My first ex wanted me back several times. I took her back before she really ended it on Valentine's Day of 2014. My second ex was my high school sweetheart and I really wanted her back after she crushed my heart. She didn't want anything to do with me!

• Sometimes, but we are friends so I dont think more about it than she allowed me to think, for not getting troubles about that topic

• Sometimes I think about having a fuck with her or maybe munchin on her. But I think that of strangers too, just with her I know what i'm getting, I'm a dirty man. So really, no I don't. I never think about getting back 'together' with her. Not with that bitch.

• There is one in particular I'd get back together with, yes.

• What do you think makes them special?

• I'd be willing to tell you via PM. I'd have answered that if I could have done it anonymously.

• I followed you

• There's at least one ex I wish I could have back. It was a mutual break up, I was far too busy to be in a relationship, we both recognized that. Now it's too late.

• No, experience is the best teacher.

• The only reason i do is because i dont know why she left. She didn't say goodbye.

• No..

• A firm NO.. Irrespective of whether the break up was bad or mature on nature. The decision of parting ways should be respected and everyone goes their way..

• I don't need a liar and a cheat

• For the sex yes😂😂

• I m single never had any girlfriend before

• no, she has a child now with the other man. so im good.

• Wow. I talked with mine up until last week before I had enough of her bs, I had told her I bought a new apartment and she jokingly said she has big news too, "im pregnant!", my heart literally felt like it stopped, but maybe thats because we JUST seperated... still, that feels so weird.

• Double fuck no, topped with some fuck that, and sprinkled with nah.

• Sounds delish i think i woulf of gone for a big slice of 😂😂😂😂 with a seasoning of 💩💩💩💩💩 and then a drink of nah hell no colada.

• We are not able to forget our ex

• I'm not sure. She kept me at an arms length after I made a mistake (got irritated and ignored her when I had a tough month at work) and then was vindictive about it spending time with others to get back at me, including breaking up and dating others after agreeing not to see others.
    She ended up meeting someone she cared enough about to go exclusive while leading me on... she made up an argument to break up with me a 2nd time in order to sleep with the other guy the next day without feeling guilty.

I loved her a ton but I know I deserve better..

I'd like to say NO but if she came crawling back saying she made a mistake, I'd probably go back..

• To me, it’s sad that I get exactly where you are coming from. I say that because each of us knows the healthiest choice is to forgive, forget and move on to a better life. Perhaps we can?

What Girls Said 2

• I have never wished that

• just this one person