How do I break up with long distance boyfriend?

I am scared to ask this because I know people are going to judge me.
But I dated this guy in another country for 4 years. It was long distance. He was 100% broke and could never afford to come visit me. The last time we saw each other was 3 years ago and I paid to come visit him in his country.

The deal was that he come and visit me, but he was never able to afford it. I wanted to break it off so many times but I felt guilty since it had been so long.

I am now doing a study abroad that is in a country right next to his country. Yesterday, he got on a bus and took a 20 hour trip to come see me. Granted-I paid for his trip since he was adamant that we see each other. He is currently staying in my hotel with me.

When he arrived, I didn't feel any chemistry with him whatsoever. He tried to kiss me but I wasn't into it at all. Sleeping next to him was so difficult because he would try to cuddle/spoon but I wasn't into it. To be honest, I have fallen out of love with him. I have known this for a while but I've been too nervous to say it.

I want to break up but feel bad he came all this way. I also cannot stand to sleep in the same bed with him for the next week. Should I break up now or after he leaves? How do I break up with him? I am literally emotionally overwhelmed by all of this. I did start to drop little hints like, " I feel like something is different between us. I feel weird." but he insists its the long time apart. He doesn't know that I dont romantically love him anymore.

122

Most Helpful Guy

• Frankly.. Just be honest with him and let him know that you can't revert the same feelings and interest as him for the reasons mentioned above. It is also a good thing you are considerate enough to be mindful of how they feel, but at the end of the day it is at the expense of your comfort.. Take a day to articulate your thoughts and express them to him. All the best

• This is so helpful. You stated it very rationally. The only problem is I kind of said something similar but I guess not in a firm manner. His response was, "Oh after a week of being together: you feelings would come back. Its just because we are new around each other again. Give it time to come back." But frankly, I don't want to be with him anymore.

• If that's how you feel about it.. No use bottling it in or delaying the break..

Most Helpful Girl

• Break up now and don't wait until he leaves. Falling out of love is enough of a reason. U don't wanna lead him on, and breaking up would be better for both of you

I would feel the same if my boyfriend never made an effort to meet me but only relied on my money to come and see me. He could be broke Yeah, but he can also search for a job or make some efforts.

The second reason is that u fell out of love, and this can happen to anyone. Even people who are not in an ldr. It's no one's fault and the more u postpone breaking up, the more emotions will be wasted and the more heartbroken the both of u will be