Do You Think You Ever Truly Get Over Your First Love?

In my personal opinion, I don’t believe you do. I think that person will always hold a special place in your heart, regardless. You don’t have to still have feelings for them, or want them anymore, but I think how that very first person made you feel will always stick around. From there on, I believe you love differently, but you’ll still never forget them. I’m very much in love with a guy right now, but that doesn’t stop me from time to time thinking about my first love, and fondly looking back and also realizing how it’s carved the love I give and receive now.

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Things change as you get older, and past experiences are seen from new perspectives.

Speaking from personal experience, I will always remember and cherish my first relationship. To be honest, it still kind of breaks my heart that her mom suddenly moved her 2000 miles away. That really devastated me a young guy, and no matter how many failed relationships came after that, I always hold that in my heart as the gold standard of what love should be.

Depends on how strong the love was I guess. It's been nearly 13 years since my first love left my life, and a part of me still hasn't gotten over it.

0|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You are a teenager and you will get over it. I’m 25 and Im so over everyone I’ve ever dated.

1|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Tbh yeah but thats only when you truly meet the one, because once uou do no other past relationship will matter to you it almost feels like practice for the one your with today, you learnt your lessons on what to and what not to do so now you can make them the happiest you can

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so... I was hardcore in love with this girl I knew back in middle school. She thought I was creepy, and frankly, she turned out to be a total bitch, but I still think of her as the one that got away. I believe we could have made a fantastic couple to this day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. In my opinion that is not possible. Whenever you meet yourr first love somehow your flashback memories come into ur mind. Personally I had that experience and I think it is for me not possible. You will still love your first love no matter what happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I did. And at that time I was fully in love with her, like crazy.

At some point you simply realise it's pointless suffering for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • i agree but u i also think u must move on to find the one that will hold the most special place in ur heart

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't even remember who that was to be honest lmao

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes especially after she sorta embarrassed herself on UK nation TV

1|0
    0|0
  • Its been 4yrs since we brokeup and still miss her, even though i dont want her back in my life cuz she ditched me but i can't stop missing her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like your question, but love your answer !! I feel you are dead on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Still think about after all these years. But gets easier as time goes if I had to give advice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I've got over my first ex-girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still haven't. been a long time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm over her

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • will you date me

0|0
    0|0
  • you'll remember them but i am completely over my first love. her name was courtney and were friends now but the only reason we never dated is because even tho i knew she liked me i was a simp in hs so i never asked her out. i was such a punks

0|0
    0|0
  • In my case, I mean it damaged me I guess. I don’t look back fondly at all. Wish I’d never dated her.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• i don't agree. people romanticize this garbage all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes you will eventually its always really hard but you'll move forward

0|1
    0|0
  • You do most of the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I do

0|0
    0|0
  • I still talk to mine even though he's married. its been 15 years. he said he will never forget me. my biggest regret was dumping him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes