Do You Think You Ever Truly Get Over Your First Love?

In my personal opinion, I don’t believe you do. I think that person will always hold a special place in your heart, regardless. You don’t have to still have feelings for them, or want them anymore, but I think how that very first person made you feel will always stick around. From there on, I believe you love differently, but you’ll still never forget them. I’m very much in love with a guy right now, but that doesn’t stop me from time to time thinking about my first love, and fondly looking back and also realizing how it’s carved the love I give and receive now.

618

Most Helpful Guy

• Things change as you get older, and past experiences are seen from new perspectives.

Speaking from personal experience, I will always remember and cherish my first relationship. To be honest, it still kind of breaks my heart that her mom suddenly moved her 2000 miles away. That really devastated me a young guy, and no matter how many failed relationships came after that, I always hold that in my heart as the gold standard of what love should be.

Depends on how strong the love was I guess. It's been nearly 13 years since my first love left my life, and a part of me still hasn't gotten over it.

Most Helpful Girl

• You are a teenager and you will get over it. I’m 25 and Im so over everyone I’ve ever dated.