Here is an interesting situation?

i was invited by my ex's (girlfriend of 5 yrs') mother (husband canceled) to go to a show, she knew I would really enjoy...along with the ex's brother who I get along great with and the sis in law. had a great time other then her mom bringing her up all of the time, about what she missed and how she's not seeing anyone,which I repeatedly ignored. I sent the ex a message saying id love to say hi to her and catch up, now completely ignored for a long time, after all of this the ex messaged my mom saying how she misses all of us, so I'm in contact with her mom and she just got into contact with my mom lollololol but she ignores me lol, I'm fine and it wasn't weird at all to hang with them. but isn't this weird?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no denying the connections you make with the people you have had relationships. I do not know the dynamic of your guys' break up, but whether the breakup was good or bad, there are still, for the most part, good connections between you and your ex. There is a possibility that after five years that she has now accepted the fact that you can still love a former lover in the past, but not the same way you have done in the past. If you decide to go, be cordial, and before going, make it very clear of what your intentions are going.

What Girls Said 1

• It's a little weird, but you guys were together for 5 years. That's an insanely long time and of course in that time, the families got to know one another. So it's natural that you guys are close to each others families. But the thing is, just because you hang out with her family and vice versa, doesn't mean she wants to hang out with you. It might bring back memories she's not quite ready to deal with just yet.

What Guys Said 1

• Listen I kind of in the same boat. My ex girlfriend (gf of 3 years) we are civil, we speak about once a month. Her mom keeps touch with me. we talk at least 4 times a week. She does the same with my mom. Depending on the reason you guys broke up, chance s are you can get back with her. Had she not want anything to do with you, she would cut your family out of her life. And she would have asked her mom to cut communication with you. but it is weird