When you break up with someone do you keep their photos?

Updates:
The guy broke up with the girl. If you keep them why you do that?

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone in my past played a part in shaping me into the person that I am today, and I am a much better person than I was when I was younger. I owe some gratitude to most of the women in my past. There is only one woman for whom I have any ill feelings (and that is because she is a rotten, dirty bitch who deserves to rot in Hell.) I don't want to forget all of the women from my past; they were all important at one time. I also don't want my current girlfriend to think that she has anything to worry about, so I don't hide old pictures as if it is a secret but I certainly don't keep them where they can be seen on a daily basis.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Why get rid of memories? If you spent a big part of your life with someone you can't just pretend it never happened. Especially if it was a long term relationship that you spent years in. Of course I'm not going to hang them on my walls and if I get a new partner I'd probably put them in a keep sake box somewhere out of site just so it wasn't in their face. You can't erase your memories and maybe someday when your older you'll want to look back and reminisce about your life. Photos are great for the memory, I see photos all the time that remind me about things in the past I would have otherwise forgotten.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 114

• Because that was part of my life. It didn't work out, but that doesn't mean that all the memories are bad. If a new girlfriend was so insecure that she couldn't stand that I still had pictures of past girlfriends, I would definitely delete... the new girlfriend.

1|3
    0|0
  • Because one day you can objectively look at them and remember that time without the emotional baggage. My parents always told me to never destroy photos of ex's because they have both had moments in their adult lives where they've felt nostalgic and had nothing to remind them

0|0
    0|0
  • No reason to delete them. I don't get rid of memories, good or bad. They'd be kept away, and I wouldn't be looking at them or anything, but I don't delete memories. If I have to delete it because lack of storage, then it's whatever but I don't immediately go and delete pictures like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, clean wipe. All photos of the relationship are deleted permanently at least those I found. Its not really like a "fuck you" delete. Its just a part of getting over the other process. You gotta let go. And part of it is erasing reminders.

However intimate pictures and all that, I do take the time look for them, gather them and make sure I wipe them all. No matter how the breakup went I'm not keeping that, matter of principle.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have thousands of pictures if the time I was dating my last girlfriend and so far I've been too lazy to go through them all lol if I look at some pictures though and there are some of just her then I delete those but pictures of me I keep. Why would I delete everything? I still had great times with that person and the memories will stay.
    I never had a bad breakup though. If she cheated on me I'd delete everything in a heartbeat lol

0|0
    0|0
  • depends how attached you feel and how recent it is. it took me a year and half to get over someone before & i kept pics and a bday card. if people dont break up on good terms i find it is harder to let go but if it is agreed by both people and they stay friends id say it is ok to keep pics

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it with my last couple, I tought I am the only one with this painful condition.

And I do it, because what I felt to her was something that is not easy to compare. I really loved her, and I felt that she felt the same.
    But it all changed in just a simple message, all was great the last night before that message that she sent to me.
    I think I keep her pictures because is the only way I can cover myself with a very good memory from past without thinking about the end.

0|0
    0|0
  • Those people are apart of the recipe that makes me who I am. Why throw it away?

4|1
    0|0
  • Depends. If it was a bad relationship, don't keep them. Unless their nudes and she was an A+. If it was a good relationship, keep them. They' ll bring back good memories after a while.

1|1
    1|0
    • Keeping nudes is the one thing that should not happen. They were sent in the trust and confines of a relationship, once that ends that trust is gone and she would no longer want you to use them or have them.

• Show All
    • Haha oh gotcha I thought you were serious. But if an ex betrayed you by fucking someone else or it ended badly why jack off to her nudes? Not you in specific but I am confused by the idea. To me, good or bad, relationship ends and nudes get deleted.

• @SanHoloz Personnaly, I wouldn't jack off to them let alone keep them because I would be too pissed off but guys are guys and I knew a bunch who would keep them no matter what. Some are proud to show who they had in their bed.

• Yup, i like to keep memories of them and while i don't often look at the photo's its sometimes nice to look at different times. Especially if it ends on good terms because then its nice to look back upon what we had but also how lovely they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would i not keep them? Because after all i was together with her, and shared intimate and beautiful moments. Those moments are still real and true.

1|1
    0|0
  • Delete the pictures if it was a bad relationship, keep certain ones if you're still friends, delete any and all nudes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I keep the photos so that I can look back and remember the choices I've made in my life, and how I got to where I am. Even a bad relationship can hold good memories.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... at least i would. If you delete them they`re gone forever, at least if you don`t they`re there in a folder you don`t have to open just in case you want to see them again.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I only keep OUR photos. Just because the relationship ends doesn't mean i have to get rid of all the memories

0|0
    0|0
  • Everything goes in a box in the closet for a year. Then when and if I remember it's in there I go through it once and toss it afterwards. 99% of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. We didn't work out for a reason, why would I want to sit there and reminesce?

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you not? That's a section of your life that should be remembered. Why are people always so dramatic?

1|1
    0|0
  • I usually delete all of them. Maybe keep 1 or 2 stashed away in a hard to reach place just in case you want to have still have a memento when the dust settles

0|0
    0|0
  • To me this would be a consensual arrangement on break up - In your case the guy may have feelings for the girl just not full on romantic feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 75

• Every One's, hun...
    Memories... It's my own Kodak moment that if I erase it, Hard to Relive it, Good or Bad, Here, dear. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I would keep some memorable ones but not look at them for a while. I feel like if you do delete them its like trying to pretend as if it didn't happen; however you've shared your heart and time with someone and grown from the experience. It can be nice to look back at times. Unless it was an abusive relationship or the like.

1|1
    0|0
  • I tend to keep pictures. It still happened regardless of the feelings now. I have pictures of previous relationships on my old laptop, most of which are mixed in with all my other pictures that I haven't looked at in a long time. I just like having records of my life and memories as I make new ones with my current boyfriend and friends

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't keep them on my phone but if they are on other social media I don't take the time to delete them. Just because we broke up doesn't mean those moments cease to exist.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I still like the person yeah I would keep the photos but usually that doesn't happen with me. I hardly ever argue but once I do I hate the person forever. I know that might be a problem but I don't really care. The photos of them in this case reminds me of bad times and I throw the photos to trash and remove everything that was theirs.
    Is this bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol i kept pics of all excrushes (potential bfs) except for my actual exbf. Deleted that hoe with pleasure

1|0
    0|0
    • And i kept the pics of ex crushes cause they was hot af. I dont miss em but them pics was one of a kind haha

• No why.. I even change my Apple ID and password I want those memories to vanish and become a mystery just like the pyramid of Giza

0|0
    0|0
  • i delete all existence of them. i also delete their social security number and tell the post office that they died.

0|2
    0|0
  • It depends. In my last relationship I didn't keep any of the photos, seeing as looking at them made me feel angry. However, I've had relationships that ended on good terms and I kept the photos.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't see a reason to unless they are a family portrait that was expensive/professional. But if pics of just us, then yes I would throw then away or delete them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I deleted them. I ended up keeping them for a while after the breakup, but then we talked and he broke my heart so I was upset and deleted everything, though I kinda regret that now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Heck no, I delete everything about them. I can still be friendly but there is no reason for him to take up space in my phone anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Most pics are digital, stored somewhere. I'm not going to use my energy to go through everything to delete that shit. The physical ones got thrown into a box.. I think. Don't remember.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was pictures of us, or pictures of the father if we had kids together than yes I would, if not than no I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had any images of them in the first place. I don't like having images of other people except myself, sister or dogs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Before my husband I had only one guy that could be called boyfriend and we were together for about 5 months when he talked me into leaving Florida and moving to Illinois with him only to walk in on him with his penis buried into another girls pussy. I kept nothing that reminded me of him other than the $300.00 I swiped from his pants which paid a two night motel bill, two cab fares (one from apt to motel, other motel to Milwaukee, Wi Airport) and ticket on Midwest Airlines Milwaukee to Sarasota. Thank goodness we only had cell phone back then that did not store photos so all I had to do was delete his number and change my number.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. you're trying to shoo him away from your life. Keeping his photos won't help at all

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell no. Delete him out of my life asap. I don't need anyone who doesn't need me

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I don´t have my ex´s photos in my phone gallery anymore, but in my snapchat memories and sometimes I skip threw them, but not in nostalgy, more being like "wow okay you once dated that weird dude..."
    I don´t mind keeping nice holiday pics with them or stuff, because once they were part of my life and my experiences, and with erasing them out of my memories, I´d also erase nice memories on stuff we did together like sky diving... you see, it´s not that easy, but I don´t mind. Some people are better off with deleting everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I do, it's just memories from a part of my life just like any other. Why throw them away?

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes