I am working on a project for my Psychology studies. What was the reason you broke up with your last partner?

Guys/Girls often complain about their partner being too clingy, needy, obsessive, controlling, too jealous, wanting to much attention and complaining all the time. Have you ever broken up with your partner for any of these reasons? If not what was the reason? If so, How bad were the above things I have mentioned? What did your partner do that drove you to breaking up with them?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I broke up with my ex because we fought alot. The fights would mainly come from the fact that he was extremely controlling and jealous. He wouldn't let me visit my sister because her boyfriends' friends might be there. I also wasn't allowed to talk to his friends unless he was in the room, and even then he hated it. I couldn't go out with my friends otherwise he'd blow up my phone and try to organise a 'curfew'. He trains muay thai, and would go to training three times a week, even then he would get uncomfortable with the thought of me going and hanging out with people while he was gone, he just wanted me to sit at home. That sort of stuff was cute for the first couple of weeks but after a while it gets old. You need to have your own space and control of your life.

• Very common, like I stated these types get worse in time. You did a good thing. I hope you ahve someone who treats you right now.

What Guys Said 4

• 1. she cheated on me.

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8: she was difficult, nagged, complained, was irresponsible, impossible to please and believed that her emotions were my responsibility

• Wow that's horrible, but these are common complaints from Men. I hope you found someone who treats you right?

• She broke up with me because she started dating me from when she was 14, and now she's 17 apparently she has changed and doesn't love me anymore. Do girls throw that excuse out a lot? It's like a get out of jail free card that you can use whenever the hell you want.

• i discovered that she's a shemale..

• Woah that's krazy lol

• Woahhh! This must have been very traumatising for you. Now that's one I have never heard before. Just out of curiousity, I mean how did you discover it? Apart from the obvious lol. Also did he not have total femine features?

• It wasn't obvious !! everyone who saw her/him was saying how hot she was! she looked so real !

how I knew about it:

when we started to have sex she was lying on her stomach and never let me go near the vagina area ! she said that she is very afraid to lose her virginity :/ I even told her as a joke " y are you so afraid its not that you have a d***!" but after few days it turned out that she does have one!

• High maintence

What Girls Said 3

• he went crazy and became really controlling and threatening.

• I am glad you got out of this one. These type always get worse in time, you did a great thing. My favorite quote "Save yourself or remain unsaved" this is so true. ;)

• I broke up with my last partner because I was unhappy in the relationship due to physical pressure and I felt alienated from my friends. I also had a lot of really bad things happen and I didn't want to confide in my ex. He sucked up a lot of my time and was extremely dependent on me. The main thing my ex did was not give me enough space.

• Ah I see a controling one. Well you done a good thing breaking up, I hope you found someone who treats you right now :).

• was with this guy for 3 years, the last 2 he was unemployed, drove us to be homeless, meanwhile giving no emotional support while I picked up the pieces. After I had got a new home for us, and things were going fine, he started to get controlling over money, and bragging to his friends that I would take care of him for the rest of his life... We have a daughter together, but regardless... I didn't need an adult child.. Plus it didn't help that he has bi-polar, and extreme seperation anxiety

• It sounds like he was mentally unstable. In this case a child is involved and sadly a lot of Women stay "for the sake of the child" but they don't realize how unhealthy for the child it is to stay. You did a courages thing. Good on you!