Is it OK to stay in touch with your ex despite the fact that your boy forbade you to do so?

My ex boyfriend keeps on texting me, sometimes calling me.. even if I changed my number, he still has ways to contact me.

35

Most Helpful Guy

• I would never tell my girlfriend to stop doing anything for me. Unless it was a rational reason. But ex's? Nope. She has to do that on her own. Ex's rarely stay friends for well intended reasons. They almost always cause problems, even breakups. Your best bet, is to get over him and block his number and loose all contact.

What Guys Said 4

• i think if yur boyfriend told you not to contact yur ex, then there must be a reason. I don't know what it is, but if you care for him, you would at least do that for him.

• uhh well I think you should do what you want but you have to tell him

• Oh touch him anytime you want, just don't let your ex find out. By the way, what is forbade?

• i hate when my girlfriend talks to her ex... but I have a few very good reasons for this... if certin things diddnt happen I wouldn't really have a problem with it. nut everyone is dif...

• It's not our fault..

• How is it not your fault? you can just not respond to them... you walk away if they come up to u... but like I'm normally OK with it, its just that my gfs last ex is a total nutcase and raped her and stalks (yes current tense) her and sh*t so I really hate it when she talks to him

What Girls Said 3

• no one can make you do anything. if your boyfriend trusts you then he would have no trouble with you talking to your ex, if not then I think you've got bigger problems to sort out.

• The very fact that your current boyfriend is 'forbidding' you sounds like he's got some control issues. I wouldn't do a thing he says if it were me. I wouldn't throw calling or texting your ex in his face, though. Just tell him that there's nothing going on with him and he should trust you. If he doesn't trust you, if there's absolutely NO trust there it will crumble into a million pieces.

• Sounds like he wants you back. I understand why your boyfriend doesn't like this