Why would an ex answer your texts?

We're not making plans to see each other and not exchanging sweet nothings...and it ended poorly. So why would my ex have the courtesy to still answer my texts?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Different people take different approaches towards their exes. Personally, I like to try to maintain friendships with mine. Just because you weren't right for each other doesn't mean you can't get along. However, I understand that not everyone shares this view. My most recent girlfriend never understood why I still spoke to my exes and now that we've broken up she seems rather confused that I still talk to her. At any rate, he probably sees no reason not to treat you with civility and common decency.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he is polite or might be thinking hook ups with the ex or maybe he isn't over you..

What Girls Said 2

• why are you just sending texts?

• He never called me. Told me that's just how he communicates with people, via text.

• Does he have reason to shun you? It's just polite to return texts...

• Lol. but we weren't friends. um...I did text him nasty words after getting drunk one night, but I apologized the next morning, and for whatever reason, he accepted my apology.

• Maybe he's just a nice person.

• Aw, maybe.