How do you act after a break up?

Whether you ended the relationship or they did - mainly guys, how you do you act?

• Tell them how I really feel
    Vote A
  • Pretend like I don't care and have moved on
    Vote B
  • Pretend I like someone else
    Vote C
  • Find someone else
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• what about just taking some time off to enjoy being single again?

the only reason I didn't click (A) is because I wouldn't voluntarily tell her how I feel. If she asked me, I would tell her, but I wouldn't volunteer to talk about my feelings w/o her asking.

(B) & (C)? really now?

(D) if there was someone else, sure.

(E) I pick other, because after a break-up, guys just want to be alone and have a threeway with "free" and "time." It doesn't mean the guy doesn't care about the girl; it just means he's taking the time to enjoy the lack of constant phone calls or hour-long conversations.

0|1
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on the breakup, but I'm the kinda guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve, so if a girl's screwed me over, I'm not going to hide the fact that I think she's a worthless bitch, and if a girl and I just didn't work out, I'll tell her that too.

1|1
    0|0
  • I was still very close friends with my ex girlfriend for a year or so, but once we got our lives on track we slowly saw each other less and less. I can understand why some guys can be a**holes to their ex, it did my head in a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me personally I just learn from my mistakes and move on with life and not commit them again in the future .

I have been known tho. for a girl I love to completely have the reset button hit and let emotions I didn't know I had take over and make me a complete fool.

After those I start eating better, working out, finishing projects put on hold, reconnect with old friends, and get my head back on straight again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a mix of A and B. Most recently right after I went into B, then afew days later I told her some of what I felt, then I went back to B for the remainder of our breakup and its been 5 weeks now. I still like her..

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them how I feel but regret it, but do it again :(

1|1
    0|0
  • We act how we feel. sometimes we don't care, sometimes we do

0|0
    0|0
  • normal move on

0|0
    0|0
  • I would usually tell them how I feel (a)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't show my emotions. I bury my feelings & deal with them myself. Even when I feel like crap no one would ever know.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I think A is the best option.. if everyone did A then there would be less drunk calls later on to say the same thing that could be said sober.

1|0
    0|0
  • why does the "pretend" have to be in there? Can't I just choose stop caring and move on?

2|0
    0|0
  • I go kinda psycho. Depending on how much I cared about the guy. It fluctuates between big demonstrations of love and begging for them back, and trying to pretend not to care.

0|0
    0|0
  • In relationships past, I've been pretty lucky for the break up to be a mutual thing, or me breaking up with the guy. I've had my share of heartbreak; my last relationship had to end because my family moved away, but I've never even had to think about those options.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try not to let them know how I feel, or anything else.

I'm a pretty closed book when it comes to that.

I'll only open up if they open up first.

I try to stay neutral until I'm okay around them again.

Deep down, I'll hurt though.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell them what I think and then move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find someone else. Not mainly because I wanna show him that I've moved on, but more because I've found that the only way I can get my mind off someone (even if it's just temporary) is when I find another someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • usually I'm upset and just don't talk to them untill I move on

0|0
    0|0
  • usually I never liked the guy in the first place to have dumped him, and then I miss him because he was around a lot but if I can replace him within a month or two then I feel like I can just focus on the new guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I did the breaking up, my ex was really mad and acted defensive, etc

but when another ex broke up with me, he tired to be gentle about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Like myself only a lot sadder

0|0
    0|0
    • I find I mope around for a week or so.. then begin to look at other guys... It depends how long we were together though. My last ex (4 years) took me 6 months to get over!!xxx

Loading... ;