How can I approach my ex about this?

My ex boyfriend and I broke up half a year ago. He has another girlfriend now, and I'm also dating a new guy. We had no contact for 2 months but in the past weeks we kept texting each other. He said things like he was missing me, it was great to be together with me, he doesn't want to lose me and he is stupid, yet he also said he doesn't love me. I didn't respond to these kind of texts, I just told him that he played an important role in my life and let's just say goodbye to each other. He then ignored me for days, and when I asked what's wrong because he was about to tell me something, he said he was a jerk and blocked meg everywhere. A week later I tried to contact him with the help of a friend to stop this blocking thing (he did it earlier as well), I don't want us to talk but I don't want us to be blocked again without both of us agreeing on it. He told my friend that he will not unblock me because he is causing me pain when we talk and I would text him. This is partially true, I didn't like when he said things like he was missing me but I don't want to be blocked just because he thinks I'm not over him. My friend told him this but he insisted that it's better for me if we don't talk (no it's not. I feel way better when I know that we didn't end up with blocking each other).

I want to somehow approach him to stop this blocking, I'm only hurt by this behaviour. I don't want to talk, though. I know, if I don't want to talk then just leave it, but it really bothers me that we will remember this stupid blocking thing going on all the time (initiated by him) when I think about our past relationship. I want us to end things peacefully. How could I approach him?
How can I approach my ex about this?
2
2