Was breaking up with my ex boyfriend the right thing to do?

I just graduated from high school in June and he is a senior this year. I am almost a year older than him, so I'm much more mature lol. We had been together for a year and nine months (give or take a few days). I felt like we weren't right anymore. Something just didn't feel right, I'm not really sure how to explain it. I know that he loves me, and I do love him. We have been through a lot together. He had been talking about getting married a lot and I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet. That's not really why I broke up with him though. We had been talking about that for awhile. More than that, I felt that he didn't really know what he was talking about. I am the only serious girlfriend he has had, and he lost his virginity to me. But I just feel like there are other people that could fit each of us better. I know I don't feel like the right one. I always make him feel guilty about things for no reason. I just want him to be happier without me. But now that is has been a few weeks I am not sure if I want to lose him. He has always been caring and mostly respectful. Gahh! I'm totally stressed and worried that I am making a bad decision. Advice PLEASE?!?!

13

Most Helpful Girl

• okay..now your first advice from a girl...

you have outgrown him.

just like you outgrow hairstyles and the TV shows you like to watch. just like you don't wear the same clothes today as you did two years ago. you're growing up and you're changing. and that's that.

one year CAN make a difference, and at this age, it can make a HUGE difference.

you're at a liberating age, go out and see the world, meet new people, learn new things..evolve. whatever you do, don't stay behind for your high school sweetheart. and my god, don't marry him right after highschool!

this feeling you're talking about, the one you can't explain, you're not the only one it happens to...it happens to girls. my best friend and I just simply call it the "sick feeling" now. it's just your intuition telling you to move on!

so...*move on* ...and don't worry, you're NOT making a bad decision! this exact same decision comes up with SO many girls at this age. (and out of all my friends, the ones who stuck around with him because he was caring and respectful are all divorced with children and from what they say, unhappy now) Enjoy your new adulthood freedom...you have your whole life in front of you, have fun with it!

What Guys Said 3

• I am almost a year older than him, so I'm much more mature ---umm what? honestly, a year don't mean crap.

kinda sounds like you got the jitters all of a sudden because the relationship took a turn for a more serious, comitted one.

• hey...like anon543 said 1 year age difference doesn't matter. And I don't think that in 20's people are that mature. Well, I think if he loves you and he wants to marry you then you should go for it. We all always think that we need something better and we never give importance to things we already have. And most important thing is he respects u. You seem, on that site many girls say that their Bfs are asholes. So sweetheart, I think you can take your chances.

Take care

• You worry about getting married You tell him not to be readt for it. That is all. or You have complex feelings.

• Well then I guess he is just immature for his age. I loved that in the beginning, but after awhile it just got old.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!