I broke my NC with my ex. Is there still a chance he will contact me again?

Anonymous
So I decided over 2 weeks ago to completely end all contact with my ex boyfriend for at least 30 days because I was always initiating contact. I wanted to respect his space. I finally accepted the break-up and wanted to begin healing. Well, I had seen his work van around town over the past couple of days (I hadn't seen it in almost a month). That kept me thinking of him and missing him, a bit more. So I had a sudden urge to just text Hi =). I Had no expectations that he would respond, but after a couple of hours of no response, I felt like I failed. After being used to contacting him, then working hard to stop, and doing well for 2 weeks, I slipped. I'm wondering what he thought of that random text. I do hope that I hear from him again. He broke up with me, but we never fought and there were no burned bridges. His roommates' girlfriend is my friend and she said he isn't seeing anyone. It would be nice to know if there's a chance he will come around and contact me again.
4
10