My ex has requested a meeting!!!

Me and my ex broke up bout a year ago. She dumped me for another guy. We haven't spoken in months. She went away to study, which is where she met this other guy. It was a bad break up, very bitter. I have ignored her for 4 months, now she's back for a holiday and wants to meet. I'm pretty much over her. I want to meet her purely to get final closure and close this chapter in my life. But I know she'll use this as a chance to absolve herself of the guilt she carries for how she treated me. How do I meet her and not give her back all the power, or is this even possible...why does she want to meet anyway?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should meet with her. You don't need final closure- you've broken up, you've accepted that it's over for good, and you've moved on. What more do you need to "close this chapter"? She's not a part of your life anymore so power is irrelevant- but I understand what you mean, and I can honestly say that the only way to "win" this situation is to be completely disinterested in meeting her. Think of how pointless the conversation will be- maybe she'll say sorry, and what are you going to say? "It's okay"? or "F-ck off, I hate you"? You've made it this far without her apology and you don't need it now, you know you aren't going to become friends and you don't sound like you want to make small talk and catch up on each others' lives. There's literally no reason to meet with her.

She may want to see you because she feels guilty, or because she wants to see if you're still pining after her and boost her own self-esteem. Either way, she has already proven that she can bring pain into your life and I think you should assume that whatever intentions she has are NOT in your best interests.

• Wise words...thank you.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you're right on about her wanting to redeem herself for what she did. When you get treated badly after a while you feel the need to ask for forgiveness. however you already have the power to forgive her or not. and you should do what you feel right. you have the power to redeem her or not. so just remember that

What Guys Said 2

• You should never talk to this girl again. She dumped you for another guy and that's all the closure you need. You said it yourself. She wants to see how much power she has power she has over you, try to make you a "friend", or have you on the back burner like so many women like to do to men. Don't meet her, don't talk to her, and keep moving forward. Even communicating with her puts her on a pedistal. What kind of conversation would it be and what would be on your mind? Think about it. "How have you been", "what are you up to", just a bunch of small talk that you don't need. She wants you to help her to shore somehow. Don't fall for it. Stay strong.

• hey..it's okay man..u already know what you wanna do, so just meet her. I mean just forget it what she could probably is gonna tell you but make your decision that whatever you are gonna do and whatever happens just don't let it go. It's over mean it's over. whatever she wanna tell u, listen to her and just simply tell her that you are not into her anymore and u've moved on. I think it's all upon u.

Take care