Dealing with an ex in your life. Help please?

Hello all, thank you for your time and responses.

I have had a pretty rough emotional stretch that past 24 hours. This current semester at school has been rough for the following reasons: I split up with my ex about 2-3 months ago after she left me for the single life and some guy in her mind at the time (this by the way, happened same time last year, so this is the second time we've split, we've been on and off for a while). he breaks my heart in the process as you can imagine, so I start to focus on my career and school, then I meet this other girl who moves WAYYYY too fast for me and pressures me into getting into a relationship a bit more than I would like to. And just yesterday my ex (the first one I mentioned) texted me saying that she tested positive for HSV type II (herpes), and how sorry she is about it, and how much she cares about me, and my health very much. I say the same, but with a grain of salt because I'm pretty sure she stills has feelings for another guy.

I couldn't help but feel depressed and discouraged, that I can't get a break and that the only girl I have ever really loved left me and now possibly gave me an std. Pretty sucky huh? Any words of wisdom of encouragement that anyone can offer? I would greatly appreciate it.

10

What Girls Said 1

• i know you still love your ex and I had a problem like that in the past and it hurt a lot. I guess you just have to do things to get her off of your mind. when my ex left me I partied like crazy and went out with all of my friends...i didn't really wanna do any of this cause I felt super depressed but my friends all dragged me out and afterward I just began to forget about him slowly until I met someone else who I wouldn't have met if it wasen't for going out and even though that guy also broke my heart so I was crushed...and enjoyed the single life for a while and after a year I met up with my ex who I still loved and got to spend a lot of time with him and that's when I realized that I really didn't love him anymore...i guess you just have to go out more and give it time to heal

help me please?

• Moments in life like these are some of the roughest because they serve as "gut check" times where you have to dig deep and become your OWN person. Do things for yourself & be happy doing it. And attempting that while you are in love with somebody that means the world to you is one of the hardest things that you will do in your life. Considering that I'm only 22 years old, the best input I can give may not b that diff from yours. Do everything you can to clear your mind & find out what you love to do

What Guys Said 0