If you still have romantic feelings for your ex, can you still be "friends" with them?

If you still have romantic feelings for your ex, can you actually still be "friends" with them?
E. g. hang out as friends
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• For me and my ex I could easily be her freind. She only let me love her. So I was really just her freind that she called a boyfreind. I could but for some reason she could not. She is weird emotionally though. Always looking for secret meanings in my texts and feelings that were not there. When I talked with her she said it was to painful. In my mind I don't see how her actively avoiding me could be easier.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say not as long as the feelings aren't gone yet. Otherwise it would be just lots of drama as soon as he gets in a new relationship.
    I am good friends with an ex of mine, but we hadn't had any contact for the first two years after breakup in order to get over eachother.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Me and my ex-wife still talk and hang out together as friends. We actually seem to get along better now that we're not married then we did in the last 4 years of our marriage. And yes I still have romantic feelings for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its torture. Dont do it to yourself. And when they find someone else the friendship will almost certainly end anyway :(

1|0
    0|0
  • I am BFF with my third ex. But today she was trying to make me angry all day long without any good reason. Brought out all old things and so on.

So right now I am thinking can we still be friends or is she just used to my support, both material and emotional.

0|0
    0|0
  • No i don't think things will ever be the same. I never stay friends
    with my exes cause things ended for a good reason and things
    ended in bad way.

0|0
    0|0
  • You want the whole thing. Not parts. It will be a constant yearning and this creates suffering.

1|0
    0|0
  • Naw it'll always be a smash and dash thing between ex's

0|0
    0|0
  • Possibly. It mainly depends on what caused the breakup.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can but he will know and if he still do too he will get in there I would 🤭

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• you can't be friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes