If you still have romantic feelings for your ex, can you still be "friends" with them?

If you still have romantic feelings for your ex, can you actually still be "friends" with them?
E. g. hang out as friends
  • Yes
  • No

39

Most Helpful Guy

• For me and my ex I could easily be her freind. She only let me love her. So I was really just her freind that she called a boyfreind. I could but for some reason she could not. She is weird emotionally though. Always looking for secret meanings in my texts and feelings that were not there. When I talked with her she said it was to painful. In my mind I don't see how her actively avoiding me could be easier.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say not as long as the feelings aren't gone yet. Otherwise it would be just lots of drama as soon as he gets in a new relationship.
    I am good friends with an ex of mine, but we hadn't had any contact for the first two years after breakup in order to get over eachother.