Are your parents divorced and how do you feel about it?

• yes - fine
    Vote A
  • no - fine
    Vote B
  • yes - bad
    Vote C
  • no - bad
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• They were married 50 years. My mom died a couple months after their 50th anniversary. If had she lived I'm sure they would have stayed married.

They were old school, married in 1952. "Till death do you part" meant till death do you part.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My mum had been trying to divorce my dad for four years, I was six at the time, and they finally did when I was ten years old. My dad didn't sign the papers because he was actually in love with her but I later found out from my mother that it was only lust for a few years and never actually loved him. So I didn't like it that they divorced before but now I'm glad that they have, he's happy now with his new wife.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• almost. but fine with it?
    my father cheated on my mom but he don't want divorce. so they live separately now.

and my mom keep asking him money. which the same as asking me to find money for my father coz i do family business.

so it's pretty bad for me, but my parents seem happy and all. The conclusion = they want to divorce or not I don't know. i can only help them with providing money nothing else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorced when I was 2. Dad's been in a relationship with the same guy since shortly after, they're now married.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've got some mixed opinions about it all. I feel it was wrong of a guy who says he has always known he was gay to get married in the first place. But I try not to let it affect my relationship with him.

• My parents divorced in 1994 and it was the best thing that ever happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they r and im thankful 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people aren't meant to be together

0|0
    0|0
  • They've been divorced my whole life.

0|0
    0|0
  • They got close once. Thank goodness they didn’t.

0|0
    0|0
  • no - fine

0|0
    0|0
  • No my father passed away at the age of 10.

0|0
    0|0
  • surprised that they're not divorced. makes me wonder why the hell anyone would subject themselves to kids and a spouse.. especially a wife

0|0
    0|0
  • it sucked, they should have never gotten together

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 23

• I've never lived a day to remember that they were together. They divorced 6 months after I was born and it's all I've ever known. I lived with my mom and visited my dad every now and then, I wish the roles were switched but oh well I made it just fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes divorced and I'd prefer them be divorced rather then fighting all the time like they were, though ideally don't we want people to get along?

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents are still together but I think they would benefit from a divorce because my mother treats my dad like yesterdays trash.

0|0
    0|0
    • hopefully they work through their issues or indeed separate amicably :)

• Yes. My mum divorced my biological dad when I was about 4 because he was abusive and controlling in various ways (horrid temperament, excessive drinking, used verbal and physical aggression). I'm extremely grateful with how strong of a woman she was to leave him, take my brother and I and uproot to a new country for a fresh start... She did all this while also battling ovarian cancer without me knowing and seeing her as sick. She was then able to find love again and remarry a man who is truly amazing and such a wonderful dad to both my brother and I. She was happy and in love until she lost her battle to cancer. My early life was super rocky, but I only imagine it would have been worse if my mum didn't divorce my biological dad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I feel so good. I was so tired of their everyday arguments and mum was so much happier! But now he wants to get back and mum is thinking of let it happen...

0|0
    0|0
  • Both my parents are deceased and they were happily married until death. My mom went first at at 33.75 years of marriage.

0|0
    0|0
    • glad they had a long and happy marriage, sorry for your loss

• Thank you. Both my brothers are experiencing the same kind of relationships with their wives. It's funny, I was the only daughter and never had an interest in marriage but both brothers envisioned it from the get go. LOL

• My dad and step mom divorced because she was cheating. I don't really care. I disliked her a lot. I just feel bad for my dad. I'm glad she's out of my life

0|0
    0|0
    • hope he finds someone better (doesnt sound like he can get much worse)

• Eh. He is done with marriage. His first wife killed herself, his second wife cheated.(None of it was his fault though) He's done. And I don't plan on getting married

• They are and I don't prefer it, but it is what it is and it's not the end of the world. No point dwelling on it when it was never my decision.

0|0
    0|0
    • that's a good outlook! at the end of the day it was their relationship to make or break. As long as it doesn't affect their parenting abilities and attitude towards you

• No and it’s fine. Tho sometimes I think if it weren’t for me and my brother they wouldn’t be together

1|0
    0|0
  • it made me a bit cynical about relationships but i got over it for the most part, still have some issues granted but i'm a big girl

0|0
    0|0
    • hopefully it has just made you more realistic! sorry it has brought u issues, i hope u have a relationship where you can work thorugh any u still have

• lol i guess cynical and realistic go hand in hand somewhat. but i do have that relationship somehow, and it's helped a lot although there have been issues; some spend their whole lives getting over it. thank you for that, same to you

• My parents in the same room are Hell!! They are much happier without each other

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents divorced when I was 10, and they still fight just as much.

0|0
    0|0
    • annoying that they can't just get over it by now, nice user

• They are and I wish they were together still, my family feel broken after they divorced

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm sorry about that :( Have they been sperated long/ are on good terms?

• They are on terrible terms. They broke up 5 years ago I think it was

• Yes they've been divorced since I was 3. I'm over it at this point

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah im thinking if it doesn't hinder their parenting then its cool

• Yes they are and its an okay adjustment as both are remarried again

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are still together

0|0
    0|0
  • No - bad

0|0
    0|0
  • No they're still together and I feel fine about it

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad's not alive anymore, but I wish she and my stepdad would divorce. He's a dick.

0|0
    0|0
  • My dads a rapist and an abuser so I am very happy they are divorced

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes