Guys, do you really ever get over being cheated on?

Ive been with my guy for almost 2 yrs. He has been cheated on in the past by an ex-girlfriend. I have never cheated on him. I am not very girly, so I tend to have more guy friends than girl friends. I am sensitive to the fact that he has been cheated on, so he always knows where I am and who I'm with. It is not something that he demands to know. I just think it causes less stress.

I wonder if it is always in the back of his mind that he could get cheated on again. Is there anything I can do to ease his mind?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been cheated on by nearly every serious girlfriend I've had. At this point, I don't believe there are any more women who wouldn't cheat on their boyfriend. Whether it's naivete or some bizarre last hope, I still wish to find a girl who actually is trustworthy.

In that light, if I had a girlfriend who was attempting to make me feel more secure, the best things she could do are a) not to take it personally, and b) soothe my insecurity whenever she could.

To expand... don't take it personally because it's not YOU that's causing me to be untrusting. My past has f***ed with my head, and so I might really love you but that doesn't change the fact that I'm still a little screwy from my past. And soothing my insecurity is just saying things like "you're the only man for me", or "I could never hurt you", or some other kinda cheesy line but really the best thing you could do is play the role of Hopelessly In Love Little Girl. In this sense, being clingy would be a great thing.

In the end, just remember that it's not his fault. He was victimized, so give him whatever he wants to heal. And in the end, there's only one person who knows what he wants... HIM. Go ask him!

• Thank you so much for your comment. I don't take it personally, I just wish it wasn't in his head. He is a really good guy and it breaks my heart that someone hurt him like that. I know it still bothers him and that's why I don't want to bring it up with him.

Stay positive, not every girl is a cheater.

Thank you again :)

What Guys Said 1

• Its hard to get over it, maybe he won't trust anyone again, or he might build up the trust with you. But nothing is certain, anything can happen and it does.

What Girls Said 2

• I would like to know this too. I don't think they do especially if they cared about her... but I could be wrong...

• Good question.