Is it weak to forgive someone for cheating on you and lying about it?

I forgave him for cheating. And even when I had the emails to prove it, he continued to lie. At first I tried to leave but I had no one else to turn to, so I took him back. He apologized at first, but now he doesn't even show remorse, in fact he gets angry if I try and talk about it.

I feel like a pushover, and a weak person. But I love him and I can't be happy without him. Most people say cheating and lying is a deal breaker but it wasn't for me for some reason. It hurt and I was angry, but I still want him.

Am I weak for forgiving someone for cheating on me?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• You have a horrible boyfriend who refuses to admit his guilt, and shows no remorse. If that doesn't tell you anything, then I feel sorry for you, for continuing to be with someone like that. You deserve better.

What Guys Said 3

• not weak, but he's no good for you, you're better off without him

• It's weak to keep him in your life. When women have cheated on me I tell them I forgive them and completely remove them from my life.

• You're strong for forgiving him, but you deserve better than that. I don't know what you see in that guy...

• I agree. Girl you are one tough chick, but honestly, that guy doesn't deserve you! If he's getting mad when you bring it up...that doesn't sound right.. how long has it been since he cheated? Admitted to cheating? Maybe it's time for you to make a choice to either love him and forgive him and move on...or decide that maybe you can't forgive him, and you can't move forward in the relationship, and leave him so that YOU can move on.

What Girls Said 3

• You're not weak. I went back to my ex for a short period after finding out he cheated on me. I think it's a common thing. It's hard to let go sometimes, but can you deal with the giant white elephant in the room all the time? I couldn't. So I had to let go. You can be happy without him. If it's something you still need closure on, he needs to understand that you NEED to talk about it if you're ever going to move past it. If he's not willing to talk to you about it, it might just be best to move on.

• Yes

you deserve better than that plank

• YES! Leave! If he felt true remorse, then he wouldn't have been CAUGHT cheating! He would have told you because he felt truly guilty...please leave him :(