Why is it more socially acceptable for a guy to cheat then a girl?

I just feel like it is.

Like how guys can f*** numerous girls and get props for it but when a girl does it she is called a skank.

And when a guy cheats its because he is "biologically and genetically programmed to spread his seeds," even if that were true it shouldn't be an excuse.

it p*sses me off...

915

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand where you are coming from and that is a messed up double-standard. However, I will say this, when men cheat in the eyes of women they are scumbags, jerks, losers, etc etc. When women cheat, however, it is a, "Oh, she did it for the right reasons, he wasn't treating me right, he's a jerk, he was bad at sex, he's not there for me when I need him to be" and I can go on. So, the way you are thinking, it really does suck, and it can and does get viewed like that, but at the same time, when women cheat she does it for the "right" reasons while guys are scumbags that no girl wants to be with. And that pisses me off.. Not that men are scumbags for cheating because they are lol, but that women can be viewed as doing it for the right reason, when there is never a right reason. So, ironically, there is a double-standard for both sexes for the exact same thing. So they contradict each other.

What Guys Said 14

• Women have power when it comes to sex. When a guy cheats, the presumption is either that he's really skilled at playing women, or the opportunity simply dropped into his lap. When a girl cheats, it's presumed she went out, found a guy, and allowed it to happen because consensual sex is defined as the woman allowing it to happen.

Either way, this stereotype is outdated. Now it's either a bad excuse, or immature idiocy.

• I don't know. Societal fads are often stupid, and unfortunately our frustration with them won't make them go away. If you ask me, you should be less concerned with society's twisted morals and expectations, and more concerned about finding a good guy (many of which do exist) that you can have a solid, fun relationship with.

• because the 'bible' as well as other religious books that were written by men shape surprisingly put them at the top of every rule created and also an exception to every rule...and we all know religion shapes societies.

The bibles contradictory btw...you may think it sez 1 man to 1 woman only...but you can claim women.

But I personali value you women higher than us guys, I think your naturally purer than guys...so I want my wife to be the better half of me.

Ild hate to think she's just as low as most guys are these dayz.

• i have never heard that it is more acceptable for a guy to cheat or had that impression. when I have known guys who have cheated, they were looked down upon as much as girls I have known that have done the same thing. trends may be different in different places. who knows.

• I think Tamikaze below speaks for sensible women..AND men, especially with today's STDs..I don't know what circles you're in, but outside the African Americans, I don't see this double standard anymore!

Yes, there was a tinme it was like that, but I think both genders get disapproval now for promiscuity on about the same level, as it should be.

• "If a lock can be opened with any key, it's a bad lock; if a key can open any lock, it's an awesome key".

Just an old saying.

• You have the wrong idea.

It's not at all anymore socially acceptable for a man to cheat on his partner. However, what is more socially acceptable is the fact that men can have sex with several other women without being in a relationship.

In my opinion that is not acceptable, it makes them no better than the women who go out and party every night and has sex with several guys when they are not in a relationship.

When women have sex with different guys whom they're not in relations with are considered as you say, 'skanks'

Men however get a better reputation (Only among other men who are skanks) when they partake in the same activities.

It is frowned upon just the same for both genders when they do such things while already in a relationship.

• If a decent looking girl walks up to a random dude and says do you want to have sex with me? what answer would you get most times? Yes!

If a decent looking dude walks up to a random girl and asks the same question, what would you hear? SLAP!

So I guess what I am trying to say is that guys don't call other guys ho's because its harder to get laid as a dude than as a chick.

• Because that's how the world is, and plus girls get f***ed they don't necessarily do the f***ing.

Also because it's just more dangerous for a women to have sex with multiple men, with their fetus and all that.

• Ha, more dangerous? I think not, you get an STD and it's no fetus for you either. If you get one of the two bad ones that never go away, it would be sex only with rubbers for the rest of your life. No kids. That would really be sad huh? People as they get older want to get married, don't ruin it for the right one guys and gals, promiscuity is not cool if your male or female. Think of how special it would be to tell your love that it's been less than double digits,n how much they'd respect you for it!

• Ya but think about it, they also say that when your sleeping with some, your sleeping with everyone they slept with and everyone they slept with and on and on. N I find that hard to believe because the larger population of AIDS when it began was in the homosexual MALE community, I'm not saying straight people don't get it too, but the statistics show that gay men had the majority in HIV. Male or female, gay or straight. Nobody is safe from it. Did you know that the herpes can be spread with protection?sore

• Thanks for the lecture.

• I don't think it's socially acceptable for it to go either way...

• its because girls say sh*t like all they care about is personality and looks don't matter, or sex isn't on there mind. so when they cheat people usually think why would you do that if those things are true, so your labeled a whore. because if those things were true then there should be no reason to cheat or sleep around. so pretty you guys fault that you get labeled whores and sluts. maybe you guys should quit bullsh*tting and then you might not be called sluts and whores.

• please, if a girl comes out and loves sex, guys will still label her as a whore. men see women as property and can't handle thinking about another man being with their property...as simple as that.

• They are on equal grounds,its socially acceptable that both genders cheat on d other...

• Cheating is bad, no matter what gender commits it.

• women are judged more harshly for sleeping around then men which is unfair but iv never heard anyone say its "acceptable" for men to cheat on their wives and girlfriends its pretty much frowned upon just the same.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think it is socially acceptable, at least not in the U.S., but I get what you mean. A woman cheats, she gets called a whore or a sl*t and I do believe it is more likely the relationship will end. If a guy cheats, he gets called a cheater or a jerk, and actually his Girlfriend or wife might find a way to forgive him.

As far as the example about guys getting kudos for how many girls they sleep with and girls getting called names for doing the same, it is true that double standard exists. I, for one, have no interest in trying to emulate the behavior of a sex-crazed male. A lot of guys don't even go down that path, either through choice or through their inability to bed a bunch of women. So, those random romeos that think having sex with a bunch of girls they don't have any feelings for, I feel badly for them and would not want our societal standards to change to make it "okay" for women to do the same. I think sex without feelings is not all that. I would rather masturbate and wait.

• I agree, it's retarded. It's cause' men want power over women, not no seed thing. Blame testosterone, women have it too but not nearly as much and it's the hornymone lol. Men think with their penis, more feminine featured men probebly have lower testosterone levels. But they are all gay, that's why they make good friends to women lol. It's all about morals, good Christian boys are less likely to cheat because when they start thinking with the other head, they remember their values and don't follow thru, they must also be in love to stay loyal. Don't go for hook ups, you give it up too easy and a man will treat you like a hooker. GL Hun

• It's not socially acceptable unless I count too >:(

hahaha.

No, but um... I think it's wrong both ways.

I could understand if a guy screwed around with 30 chicks, he's called THE MAN!

then a girl screws around with 30 guys, and she's called a skank.

THEN, that's what I don't understand. BUT if a guy cheats, or a girl cheats, it's basically equal. It's like a whole 'nuthaa story when you're CHEATING on your partner.

bjfkdlsafj;sfjkladsf;s

• for me it isn't. I have absolutely no respect for someon who cheats, I think that it is the ultimate sign of disrespect towards a person that you claim to love.

• On what planet is it acceptable?

• I don't know where you're living, but around here it's not!

• i agree. but there is also going to be double standards when it comes to guys and girls

• cuz guys are known to be douchebags and girls are known to be more mature and nicer...

• 1. We live in a patriarchal society where it is more acceptable for men to have sex with more girls but if women do it they are whores. That's just the way it is. You can even be considered a whore if you dress too provocatively or have too many male friends or date men with money or high status. It is what it is. That is the reason why it is acceptable to bash women for having a sex life that you don't approve of.

2. Well men are biologically programmed to spread their seed. That's why they get instantly horny when they look at an attractive girl and think about having sex with her. But women aren't like men. We're programmed to only let a select amount of "best" males enter us for procreation. If a man has sex with a lot of women in the caveman days he would have had a lot of kids ensuring his dna survived. but it is best for women in the caveman days to only pick the best select creme de la creme man to have children with, one that could provide the most resources and stick around for the kid. Most women that have sex with numerous guys usually have some type of issues. I'm sorry to offend anyone but I have never met a slut that didn't have some type of abuse, abandonment, or trauma issues. emotionally normal healthy women usually take more pride in themselves than to let a whole bunch of guys hit it. There is a difference between enjoying sexuality and say, sleeping with 1 different guy a week. (promiscuous)That is why it is considered kind of gross and weird for a girl to be promiscuous.