Are you friends with your ex?

Are you friends with your ex? Do you hang out? Or just stay in touch once in a while?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • Sort of
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• no i hate the fuck out of her. she's fucking crazy. after the fight that led to our breakup she showed up to my place at 4 in the morning after walking outside in the cold for atlas 15 minutes to get from her place to mine, then broke into my supposedly locked building and walked up 11 flights of stairs and stood outside my door for half an hour before she realized i wasn't coming out. then she proceeded to call me 9 times in the morning and cried on the phone and tried pulling the suicide card... we had been dating for 2 weeks

3|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I'd be friendly if I ever seen them and it wasn't just from afar but friends, no. I don't want that. I'm friends with guys who used to want to be with me and that bothers my husband a little bit. Very little. Although I made sure to have him form his own friendships with them as well. I couldn't imagine if there was actually ever something there in the past and putting him in a position to just accept the friendship. For me if its over it's OVER. That's why you don't date friends unless you're willing to risk the consequences.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 87

• No. I believe that when you stay in touch and still meet, you can't move on and don't want to lose him/her. I think cutting your losses is the most healthy thing to do, so you can move on. Being friends will keep you from doing that in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't stayed friends with any of my ex-gf but my ex-wife and I remained as friend. We ended in good terms and we were together for 8 years. I guess it just depends on how the relationship ended and how long it lasted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im friends with all my ex'es. Not close-hangout-talk a lot friends, but I've tried to always make a point about ending stuff in a decent way, and being open to friendship. It have ended badly once, but we became friends a few year later when we accidentally met. ^^ no bad blood with any of them at now. However, I have had some bad "endings" with girls that I have rejected, even when I felt we were friends before.

0|0
    0|0
  • We're definitely not enemies. I guess you can say we're sort of still friends, but not as close as we were before we were together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Close friends with one (she even helped me when I had marital troubles) and in contact with another. The rest I don't think about unless I have to use them to illustrate a point I need to make on this site.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 70

• I’m still friends with one of my exes. We’re were friends, then started dating, were together for a good little while, then just went back to being friends. We just kind of mutually agreed one day that we weren’t going to be together romantically for the long haul and liked being friends better than boyfriend/girlfriend. He’s actually dating my bestie now, and I’m totally ok with it. I’m marrying her brother soon anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • With most of my ex's no, but my ex husband I was friends with. We got a long great and shouldn't have even dated let alone got married but we did care about each other very much. He was a really great person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I do not see the point in being friends with my ex's. They didn't want me so fuck them and fuck that. 🤣

2|1
    0|0
  • A few of my exes were happily Accepted by my family and they are still considered family and at all Family functions. Mind you I was never married to any of them. But we are still friends, best friends pal around no.

0|0
    0|0
  • i mean it just depends on how the relationship ended. if it ended on a harsh note and if your ex is generally a nice/friendly person, then continuing to see them might not be a big deal. both parties have to be respectful and mature about it though. out of the 4 relationships i've been in, i still talk to at least 2 of them with no issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes