Are you friends with your ex?

Are you friends with your ex? Do you hang out? Or just stay in touch once in a while?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • Sort of
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• no i hate the fuck out of her. she's fucking crazy. after the fight that led to our breakup she showed up to my place at 4 in the morning after walking outside in the cold for atlas 15 minutes to get from her place to mine, then broke into my supposedly locked building and walked up 11 flights of stairs and stood outside my door for half an hour before she realized i wasn't coming out. then she proceeded to call me 9 times in the morning and cried on the phone and tried pulling the suicide card... we had been dating for 2 weeks

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I'd be friendly if I ever seen them and it wasn't just from afar but friends, no. I don't want that. I'm friends with guys who used to want to be with me and that bothers my husband a little bit. Very little. Although I made sure to have him form his own friendships with them as well. I couldn't imagine if there was actually ever something there in the past and putting him in a position to just accept the friendship. For me if its over it's OVER. That's why you don't date friends unless you're willing to risk the consequences.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 87

• No. I believe that when you stay in touch and still meet, you can't move on and don't want to lose him/her. I think cutting your losses is the most healthy thing to do, so you can move on. Being friends will keep you from doing that in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't stayed friends with any of my ex-gf but my ex-wife and I remained as friend. We ended in good terms and we were together for 8 years. I guess it just depends on how the relationship ended and how long it lasted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im friends with all my ex'es. Not close-hangout-talk a lot friends, but I've tried to always make a point about ending stuff in a decent way, and being open to friendship. It have ended badly once, but we became friends a few year later when we accidentally met. ^^ no bad blood with any of them at now. However, I have had some bad "endings" with girls that I have rejected, even when I felt we were friends before.

0|0
    0|0
  • We're definitely not enemies. I guess you can say we're sort of still friends, but not as close as we were before we were together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Close friends with one (she even helped me when I had marital troubles) and in contact with another. The rest I don't think about unless I have to use them to illustrate a point I need to make on this site.

0|0
    0|0
  • asantewaasblog.com/.../ex.jpg

No Ex. No worries. Happy Single.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am, but I attribute that to the fact that I left her before the relationship got to the point where we resented her. I still love her, but I know it wasn't to the point where I should be her lover.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you mind private messaging me? Im in a 5 year relationship and I can't make my mind up whether to stay in it or not

• Show All
    • Thank you again. You are one of the reasons I'm so happy I downloaded this app!

• Sure, I'm glad to help. That's what it's for.

• I let her know she's a tramp and a floozy any time I see her. I believe she deserves it for destroying our family. I know some will disapprove and that's fine, but I do it respectfully out of the sight of my children. I could never be her friend without proper addressing of the wrongs committed in the past.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of my relationships ended pretty amicably and I am still friendly with most of them. However, some have moved away and we've lost touch but most ofvthe ones in town I talk to every now and than and we still get a drink here and there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually stay friends but it always pewters out after a while. If nothing else a close relationship with your ex usually makes it awkward when one of you find someone else.

1|0
    0|2
  • None of them! I've always tried to staybin touch with them but none of them are ever interested. But then again it's always me being dumped rather the other way round. I've never cheated nor been aggressive or anything of that kind... maybe I've just bored them to death hahaha.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you thought you were a good enough pair to be in a romantic relationship, why would a simple friendship not work out

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't have an ex, but had something like a kinda relationshp or something and no.
    I hope she lives a very happy and fulfilling life and that I don't ever have to see her again xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Tried my ex is to busy ignoring me so I gave up trying to be friendly.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on why we broke up. If we just don't work as a couple and better as friends. Say two friends who date each other just because. But are not really attracted to each other. But if I lusted for her and we broke up, I can't see me friending her.

0|0
    0|0
  • i am friends with 1, good acquaintances with 1, no good terms with 1 and do not associate at all with 2

0|0
    0|0
  • More of an acquaintance than a close friend. Other exes, I don't hear from anymore, which suites me fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • We tried, fell in love again, quickly realised that it was extremely stupid, both got hearthbroken and now we only send a message once in a while

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm friends with one of them, but she's 2000 miles away. I have fond feelings for most and hope they are doing well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have many exs, is there an option for "just with some of them"? Cuz I'm friends with some except for the ones who don't want any further interaction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ohh no, no, no. Not at all. I feel like she hates me or something. We don't talk at all and barely see each other. It used to get me but now I'm just indifferent.

0|0
    0|0
  • I does depend on the situation but I think its better not to so your new relationships don't have baggage

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate her, but I don't wanna speak to her anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not enemies with them but I have no more contact with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say we're friends but we're not enemies. We keep in touch, hook up once in a while. We had different goals and so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even though I ghosted her we still have a tiny chat on rare occasions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many of my ex's I am still friends with. Coffee now and again, Facebook following, and talking to occasionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to be friends with her, but she was not interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sort of. We only talk like a couple times a year but when we do we always act like old friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I keep in touch with all the ones who are still alive.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 70

• I’m still friends with one of my exes. We’re were friends, then started dating, were together for a good little while, then just went back to being friends. We just kind of mutually agreed one day that we weren’t going to be together romantically for the long haul and liked being friends better than boyfriend/girlfriend. He’s actually dating my bestie now, and I’m totally ok with it. I’m marrying her brother soon anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • With most of my ex's no, but my ex husband I was friends with. We got a long great and shouldn't have even dated let alone got married but we did care about each other very much. He was a really great person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I do not see the point in being friends with my ex's. They didn't want me so fuck them and fuck that. 🤣

2|1
    0|0
  • A few of my exes were happily Accepted by my family and they are still considered family and at all Family functions. Mind you I was never married to any of them. But we are still friends, best friends pal around no.

0|0
    0|0
  • i mean it just depends on how the relationship ended. if it ended on a harsh note and if your ex is generally a nice/friendly person, then continuing to see them might not be a big deal. both parties have to be respectful and mature about it though. out of the 4 relationships i've been in, i still talk to at least 2 of them with no issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried and he was being generally super negative and not paranoid but he was pretty much asking "are you sure you still want to be friends" over and over as if he didn't really want to so I just blocked him on everything and ended it there.

0|0
    0|0
  • After having a 6 year exclusive relationship in our late teens & early 20s, my 1st boyfriend & I broke up in good terms. We've been in touch at least twice each year for the past 20+ years. In fact, he and my current beau know each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • We're in the same group of friends so it's kind of just in everyone's best interest that we get on with eachother. That said, things are still a little awkward between us and we don't hang out as just the two of us or anything but I'd say we're chill

0|0
    0|0
  • All but one I'm on good terms with. Mostly cause I prefer to build a friendship before dating people. I think it's impractical to put so much of your time into a person for absolutely nothing

1|0
    0|0
  • I am friends with the ex-boyfriends. The ex-husband, no. I don't want that friendship bond, it's somethiing that should have existed when we were married - not afterwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • I sort of talk to him but only when he calls or messages me. He works with my dad sometimes and I see him at times, I don't really say much though, only because I have a boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m friends with one of my ex’s. It ended well and he’s a decent guy. The other, however, I’ll never speak to again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends in every situation but I still don't think it's a good idea to be friends with an ex in most situations. I really can't think of one where it's a good idea so yeah. No I'm not friends with my ex

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, haven’t spoken to him in ages and i hope not to in the future.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a one. I tried, one started getting thirsty so that ended. And the others just weren't up for it, I respect that and agree with their decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wanted to! We broke up a couple of weeks ago but I think he’s not that keen on the idea, so I guess it won’t happen

0|1
    0|1
  • My last boyfriend and I broke up because I moved across the country. So we don’t hang out, but we still text.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope , if you are still friends with your ex , its either you still love the person and hoping to rekindle or you never loved each other.

2|0
    0|0
  • One of my exes I my best friend now because we stayed in touch. And it was the best decision of my life I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wish we could keep in touch, but really there is point. He said he cares about me, but actions speak louder than words.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, with none of them. I could stand speaking to all except one though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh he'll no. He's a narcissistic asshole who yoyod so much I didn't know if i was speaking to Dr jekyl or mr hyde. I'm so glad his drama is done

0|0
    0|0
  • With my more recent ex, no but my ex from a while back we talk a lot and hang out every now and then, we get on really good as friends

0|0
    0|0
  • One of my ex's and I talk every two months or so about random stuff. Not close, but on good terms.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am friends with one of my ex boyfriends but it took us about 2 years to build up this friendship.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Not enemies but nothing in common with each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have 2 “ex’s”
    One guy I was on and off with for a year and a half. But it wasn’t like a regular relationship. We were together basically but he was afraid of committing so sometimes he would say I was his girlfriend but others he said I wasn’t and that we were only kind of together. Let’s just say.. yhinhs didn’t work out and now he doesn’t talk to me

The other guy I was friends with for a couple months. We went on a few dates and began to “see each other” for about a month. Just hanging out going to dinner watching movies and kissing but we never made it official. He really liked me but I was hesitant. So we only “went out” for like a month then ended things and he won’t talk to me either🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m so great with relationships aren’t I ☹️

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m friends with one of them, the rest all dislike me lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah we're friends since were in the same classes so it isn't that awkward.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no exes
    but I have plenty of imaginary friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes