Does my ex ever wonder how it is going with me?

So almost 1.5 month ago I started with the no contact rule... we broke up a long time ago like 8 months now but I just started with the no contact now.. in the 8 months he has blocked me and deleted me as a friend.. however he would still see my messages in groupchats on snapchat and whatsapp. I only just couldn't send anything private to him. So I left all the groupchats and started the no contact rule.. he most likely knows why I left because I got into a fight with my best friend and she was also part of these groupchat. So I left for 2 reason.

So will the no contact rule work even though it started so so late after the break up? And does he wonder how I am doing now he doesn't see what happens in my life?

I am just really curious... I have moved on I am not emotional or anything just curious. Also his birthday is coming up so I have been thinking about him lately...
4
1