Still Have To Live With My Ex, What Should I Do?

I'm at university and I live in the room next to my ex. Things were fine until a week ago when he dumped me (he didn't love me anymore). We are on good terms but that does not mean it is healthy for either of us to live so closely to each other as we get over the relationship.

The thing is, I can't move out until the first week of May. I can't go back home for a bit as I miss classes at university and I don't have the money. I also got the short straw in most of this. We planned to live together (my ex and current flatmates) but I have been told it's best I don't live with them. This means I'd be on my own. I doubt I would get somewhere nice to live this short notice (you move into new housing in August, the best ones have already been reserved). I'd be out of pocket due to losing my disposit on the new house, I won't have any friends to live with (they will all be in this house) and I will also be fined for breaking the housing contract.

I know it sounds selfish of me and I wouldn't want him to be in my place but part of me envies my Ex. He gets to live in the house next year, he has all the flat to comfort him (I don't as he always tells me "I need time to myself" if I ever try to join in on the parties or watching a movie as a flat).

It was my first relationship and I was super stupid. I thought because we had been together for a long time, it would be okay. I was wrong.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems like the previous relationship was a tough hit, but you have to steer yourself in the right direction with patience and tolerance, not blaming yourself for what you haven't mistaken.
    Talking is the best way to relieve what's inside your heart.

(feel comfortable filling this page and say what u want to say)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • SO SORRY...
      that was the wrong opinion on another question.
      but I'll answer your question because I really wanted to answer it.

• I'm back...
      Life isn't fair and what you're going through is hard for someone else to carry, but you did.
      your options include things you hate and you don't want to do, and they also have consequences that you will encounter later if you don't accept them.

try hard to forget what happened for your future and for your education.
      what year are you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep it short and professional when you see him. (Don’t appear depressed or upset) Get other things going in your life to make new friends. Study groups, new electives, intramural sports, etc. Stay busy so that you are rarely at home.
    Good luck. I know this was tough but just look at it like the rest of school... a learning experience. You’ll get through this just fine💟

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I'm sorry. I'm confused here. He dumped you because he eventually figured out he no longer loved you and HE needs time to recover? Sorry but I dont buy that jar of pickles. Thats incredibly unfair to you and your friends are equally irresponsible for neglecting you simply because two of their friends are no longer romantically involved.

I suppose the first important thing to ask is if you talked to any of your flatmates about this to this degree and shared your anxieties on the matter?

0|0
    0|0
  • He dosent care if she disrespects herself. "Be a whore.. yeeeeaaa", negative. She shouldn't cry much over what clearly wasn't meant to be, I agree. Find a quality man and claim him for your own. Don't disrespect your body and name for the sake unnecessary revenge. She sounds very apologetic, which tells me it may have something to do with her actions, and not his. What do you want to bet?

0|0
    0|0
  • By law you have 60 days notice to live in a place you rent as notice to you. So regardless they can't kick you out legally. So next is why not go to roommate. com and find a female roommate willing to let u live with her as close to where you live now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Petty the fuck outta this asshole! Don't wallow, enjoy the freedom! Or... Rebound! Bring in every guy you can.

One more thing, force this twat to pay for all the money you lost. Or just stay there, he can't throw you out! On another side note, turn the rest of the house against him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself and don't provoke him emotionally, since he broke w u he can't approach u but if he does, then it is a sign that he is just playing with you for fun. And has never loved you in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• Make him jealous - bring boys back, wear the sexiest things around when you know you'll bump into him! Call it petty but when you're young you should embrace being single rather than sitting a aroind crying about it! TURN this into something fun :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Whose was the idea of moving together? Why is that you are losing your money, and not him? I just can't understand it.

Anyway, I'm sorry you are going through this. Be strong and put up with it until you can move out and then everything is going to be okay.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes