Still Have To Live With My Ex, What Should I Do?

I'm at university and I live in the room next to my ex. Things were fine until a week ago when he dumped me (he didn't love me anymore). We are on good terms but that does not mean it is healthy for either of us to live so closely to each other as we get over the relationship.

The thing is, I can't move out until the first week of May. I can't go back home for a bit as I miss classes at university and I don't have the money. I also got the short straw in most of this. We planned to live together (my ex and current flatmates) but I have been told it's best I don't live with them. This means I'd be on my own. I doubt I would get somewhere nice to live this short notice (you move into new housing in August, the best ones have already been reserved). I'd be out of pocket due to losing my disposit on the new house, I won't have any friends to live with (they will all be in this house) and I will also be fined for breaking the housing contract.

I know it sounds selfish of me and I wouldn't want him to be in my place but part of me envies my Ex. He gets to live in the house next year, he has all the flat to comfort him (I don't as he always tells me "I need time to myself" if I ever try to join in on the parties or watching a movie as a flat).

It was my first relationship and I was super stupid. I thought because we had been together for a long time, it would be okay. I was wrong.

318

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems like the previous relationship was a tough hit, but you have to steer yourself in the right direction with patience and tolerance, not blaming yourself for what you haven't mistaken.
    Talking is the best way to relieve what's inside your heart.

(feel comfortable filling this page and say what u want to say)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • SO SORRY...
      that was the wrong opinion on another question.
      but I'll answer your question because I really wanted to answer it.

• I'm back...
      Life isn't fair and what you're going through is hard for someone else to carry, but you did.
      your options include things you hate and you don't want to do, and they also have consequences that you will encounter later if you don't accept them.

try hard to forget what happened for your future and for your education.
      what year are you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep it short and professional when you see him. (Don’t appear depressed or upset) Get other things going in your life to make new friends. Study groups, new electives, intramural sports, etc. Stay busy so that you are rarely at home.
    Good luck. I know this was tough but just look at it like the rest of school... a learning experience. You’ll get through this just fine💟

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE