I can't get over my ex?

Me and my ex were really good friends in the past, we started online dating, we messed up, and then we broke up after 11 months of relationship. She was one of my closest friends before we started dating. It's been almost 2 years since the breakup, and i'm still not able to get completely over her. I find myself thinking of all the good times we had, wondering what would have happened if we didn't break up... that sort of stuff. We started talking again a few weeks ago, and at the beginning she was treating me really nice and she was bring quite friendly to me, she said she missed talking to me and that she enjoyed talking to me. But now, she is a bitch to me most of the time, and even though she is a bitch to me, i can't leave her because i still have the tiny hope that she will like me again one day and we will get together. But that hope has been becoming smaller recently, because she seems to be avoiding me and making me feel like shit on purpose, and that affects me more than she can imagine, because i still have feelings for her, and the bad stuff she does to me hurts. It hurts a lot. I'd really appreciate any advice, cause i don't know what to do anymore.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww you poor thing. Bro, I know you love her but you need to let her go. Go find another girl, I know it's hard and I know how you feel. You will get through this don't worry. I suggest to try not to think of the memories a lot, it will help to leave her, go have fun try not thinking of her and go talk to other girls. I know someday you will find someone who is ten times better than your ex you just need to believe.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you probably realise that this isn't healthy what you are doing. Whatever the good times were in the past... Hold on too them, but you have to realise that now, it doesn't mean anything at all anymore. It's blunt to say that, but it is how it is.

I think your main problem is that you are holding on to that little bit of hope. She probably realises that and so she knows she can get away with being a bitch.

You can't get over her if you keep in contact with her. It doesn't even matter ir she's nice or a bitch... It's not healthy what you are doing in your case. The book with her is closed. You should not open it again.

I am not sure if you are emotionally strong enough to completely break all contact with her. So I see two options:

- Talk to somebody about it extensively: either family or a friend;
    - If you can't/don't want to do that: talk to somebody unbiased professionally. There is no shame in talking to a psychologist. It's better to go talk with one and get rid of your problem, than keep walking with this way longer than you should.

In the end, it's all about acceptance and cutting your losses. I'm not being rude here, but help is needed if you hold on to a unrealistic sprank of hope. You need to realise with her, there is nothing to do anymore. It's finished.