How to get over a break up?

First of all I’m not too pretty but not ugly, i look okay, few days ago i was bothered that my boyfriend doesn’t say nice things about how i look, so i told him if I’m actually beautiful you’d always remind me of that, he respond was “true” and that leaded us to a big argument and we broke up, I still really like him but it still hurt me knowing that he didn’t think i was pretty.. how to get over knowing that? And how to get over a break up? How to get over a break up?

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• An easy way to get over a break up is to cut the strings , what I mean is to stop watching his photos whether alone or when you were with him stop checking your convo together, stop listening to sad or so romantic music or music you used to listen to it with him and believe me you will forget about him as fast as you can't imagine , as no one loves someone and not seeing him beautiful, if someone loves another one he sees him the most beautiful in the world

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah replace anything that reminds u of him for something better. It's hard from beginning but it isn't so hard at the same time

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly Here, dear, Just because Two people Break up, Doesn't mean they Don't and Can't Make up. It's a Fresh One, hun, so it might very well be, :Good-bye, don't cry." Wait and see, Take a Break for now and some space aZway from his Face.
    The way I se it as this Master, Having Hlped a Million and One, hun, People, He has Stuck with you, Loving you Unconditionally, And even if you may not be Gorgeous on the Inside, You are more so... On the Inside, which is why, no lie, this Guy... Stuck it out for you.
    Okay, so it is Heartbreaking and a Slap that he never gave you a Compliment, But he is this Honest John, And anything else Coming out of his Mouth from this Guy, would have been a Lie.
    If he wants you Back, go back. I would Say, you are Pretty Lucky that Day.
    Talk it out, If you do Become one again, But I would Suggest Go slow with Joe... Unconditional love is Hard to find these days. xx

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• He obviously wasn't the right person for you!!!
    It's bad he wasted your time but... Good it didn't go on longer !!! There are so many males that do this sort of thing for so many reasons, of all ages, !!! Try to work out if their serious before you get too involved... be stronger !!! Don't let his actions hurt you be confident in yourself ... your worth more until you do the same or worse!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • ... sorry -but he kinda sounds like an asshole...
    The fastest way to get over a break-up is a rebound.. just don't fall in love with the rebound (it just keeps repeating).

0|0
    0|0
  • You're the same girl that attracted him in the first place.
    Chances are he said what he said because you were on the verge of breakup. Don't take it to heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go out a lot, meet your friends, try to date some other guys, try a new thing, you'll have to force it first and you'll cry several nights, but time will do its job

0|0
    0|0
  • He simply doesn't know yet how to show respect when breaking up with someone. He is a boy so don't worry about him. Respect yourself by focusing on what makes you feel sexy and beautiful. For example work on some skillthat will give you confidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • He chose you. Why make things complicated with a silly question. He obviously found you attractive enough to make you his girlfriend.

1|0
    0|0
    • Not really the case, there are people who get in relationships with people they don't find attractive for some other gain. Some can be very sadistic or possessive.

• Try going out with a couple other people, see your options. Or, go out with all your friends to get your mind off of things. Listening to sad music or eating ice cream is a BAD IDEA

1|0
    0|0
  • Screw him. Your very pretty. And you just gotta give it time and cut all of him out of ur life. If u still see his post or anything it'll just make it harder to forget

0|0
    0|0
  • Your boyfriend was being an ass. You should be used, not sad that your boyfriend couldn't be more sensitive. It's his loss, don't let it be yours

0|0
    0|0
  • The first thing to do is to stop that line of thinking. The story of your relationship is over, so you can’t rewrite it. Instead, try to focus on the fact that you will grow from this experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • Break ups are always hard. It takes time to get over it. But now you are free to find someone who will cherish you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't go out and look for a shag or drink yourself to death. The best way to go is hope he's with someone else and all your respect has gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should think of how he has treated u, during the relationship and if thats really with who u want to be

0|0
    0|0
  • should be love someone. . easily to forget our past

1|0
    0|0
  • Women with their mind games.
    You actually brought that big argument. You could just ask him if he finds you attractive. Is it that hard?
    But no, you have to make him feel miserable. What a way, wow. Im impressed.
    How many times do we guys have to tell you that we are simple, that we dont play mind games?
    He wouldn't even be with you if he thought you are ugly..
    Good Jesus this made me so nervous...
    But here is the answer to YOUR suffering. Time will ease it. Spending time with your friends will make it easier.
    And dont seek for that poor guy again. Cuz if this is the reason for a breakup then imagine the next reason.
    Sorry for the long answer.

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't be an ass. Her bfs insensitivity is exactly why she's hurting. And you are doing the same thing... Go away

• Show All
    • You never have to be harsh, that is a way to make someone do what you want then you do or listen. You can only say or do what you think respectfully and it is up to someone else if they want to listen

• I guess we all have our points of view. But thank you.

• Play roblox and you will meet men who will take care of you there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Remember how things were cool before you met him and day to day things are gonna be smooth again

0|0
    0|0
  • Best way get over him first and someone new give him a show get him in u u forget ol'd guy existed

0|0
    0|0
  • Get over him by getting under another one

1|0
    0|0
  • Keep yourself occupied.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• Rebound with a guy that knows he's a rebound. Or binge. Or finding something else important to you that fills up your time. Job/friends. Thats how you get over it. He's an asshole. Just because he might not have been attracted to you doesn't mean other guys won't. I've had plenty of guys who were obviously not attracted to me. It happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • By waking up one day and realizing they are not worth your tears and heartache. Or worries. Find someone who will never get tired of saying how beautiful and loving you are. Someone who will appreciate you

0|0
    0|0
  • Think about all the things you wanted in a boyfriend that he wasn't and look forward to finding a person who has those things.

0|0
    0|0
  • What’s to get over? He didn’t love you. Why would you even consider being in a relationship with someone like that?
    For the time being, you should fill your body mind and soul with activities that make you feel good, healthy ones. Whether it’s a school project, sports, hobby, or the gym, the more time you spend doing those positive kinds of things, the less time you have to think about the breakup and you’ll feel better about yourself while doing them. When you feel good about yourself, you are most attractive to everyone else around you. Dont settle. Be great and invite someone great into your life who sees your beauty, both inside and out. 💟

0|0
    0|0
  • Remember why you broke up... Remember all the bad times...

0|0
    0|0
  • Then make Yourself pretty.
    What's ugly about you anyway if I may ask?

0|0
    0|0
    • Nothing is ugly.. he just think I’m not pretty

• Do you know what he thinks is pretty?
      If it makes you feel better you could try and make Yourself his jackpot.

But I bet there are guys that do think you are pretty.
      Though making yourself prettier could make you feel more confident about yourself. 💪

Recommended myTakes