Can you actually be friends with your ex?

Can exes really be friends?
Someone that you loved and cared about? And had intimacy with?
  • Yes
  • No

827

Most Helpful Guy

• No if they offer friendship, it's just to soften the blow of breaking up. Who knows if they're not thinking they'll get another chance. My girlfriend broke up with her ex of 5 years a year before me and what happens 10 months in my relationship? The ex got impatient and asked my girlfriend for a friends hangout just to ask a lot of personal questions like how serious she was with me, how settled they'd be together, bla bla. My girlfriend told me about what he said and we kind of laughed about it, but her ex seemed desperate for love and he doesn't know how to move on. So if the ex turned out gay, then chances are they could be good friends, but if they feel guilty for how the relationship ended, they'll probably say anything to get their ex back

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I almost never find an issue of it, as long as you break out on good terms
    I had cases i am friends with them, and some that I wish for them to die, and never to seem them again, but that is as they are ass's to begin with, not because there an ex