Can you actually be friends with your ex?

Can exes really be friends?
Can you actually be friends with your ex?
Someone that you loved and cared about? And had intimacy with?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• No if they offer friendship, it's just to soften the blow of breaking up. Who knows if they're not thinking they'll get another chance. My girlfriend broke up with her ex of 5 years a year before me and what happens 10 months in my relationship? The ex got impatient and asked my girlfriend for a friends hangout just to ask a lot of personal questions like how serious she was with me, how settled they'd be together, bla bla. My girlfriend told me about what he said and we kind of laughed about it, but her ex seemed desperate for love and he doesn't know how to move on. So if the ex turned out gay, then chances are they could be good friends, but if they feel guilty for how the relationship ended, they'll probably say anything to get their ex back

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I almost never find an issue of it, as long as you break out on good terms
    I had cases i am friends with them, and some that I wish for them to die, and never to seem them again, but that is as they are ass's to begin with, not because there an ex

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• You can be friends with your ex, often times. But you then set up the issue of when you have a new boyfriend, your ex is still your friend, and the new boyfriend might not take well to the idea of a former fucker being your friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the situation and the individuals. Some can, many can't. I would even say that most can't, at least until some amount of time has passed by.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex and I are great friends. My current wife and I even sleep in the guest room of house of my ex and I. My current and ex has also become friends and call each other about once a week.
    My ex and I decided to part ways when our careers took different directions when I ended up across the country to work full time in a rival company. We grew apart so there was no need to continue the pretend marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course but it depends on how the relationship went and how you broke up and personailtys i am friend with one of my ex cause it was fun but we both knew we didn't love each other so we broke up but where still close friends

0|0
    0|0
  • it does depend on the situation and how you both ended the relationship.
    me and my ex girlfriend split up and we decided we were better off as friends. and we have remained good friends ever since.
    it just depends on the situation

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how she conducted herself during our relationship. Does she deserve any more of my time or attention? It's highly likely they already know the answer without me saying a word.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to but none of them wanted to even acknowledge my existence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. of course can be good friends. One of my ex does some business works with also. We both know... things have been changed among us... It is completely fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • No we will always try to fuck maybe not at first but the mission will always be there as long as we know you

0|0
    0|1
  • Currently working on that now. Not easy, but the brain has to have time to rewire itself to bit think about that person romantically.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on certain situations, it may take time for that to happen but yes you can

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really you can still be kind to one one another but no not friends just good terms at best

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I can but not so close ;D

0|0
    0|0
  • Not for me cause my breakups ended badly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally ends up hurting one and leading them on

1|0
    0|0
  • I am friends with most of my exes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but there must he boundaries.

0|0
    0|0
  • No matter how you try. It can't work

0|0
    0|0
  • You can be friendly with them but not friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep !

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and my ex are still good friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Good for those who can, but I like it clean slate. I'm insecure about eventual awkward, perhaps even resentful feelings coming at some point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if you're mature.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am full of bitterness and hate.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I'm friends with almost all of my exes. If you were really compatible as friends, then it should not be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can, but sometimes it doesn't work out since one person can't move on that easily or just can't while you two remain friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have already forgiven him then there shouldn't be a problem being friends with your ex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two past lovers can't be friends

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, but it's better not to.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no point

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't.