If you still love your ex, can you remain friends with your ex?

If you still love your ex, can you remain friends with your ex after the break up?

• Yes I can
    Vote A
  • No I can't
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you both have a reasonable and close relationship, that is, you were best friends even before you considered dating each other, it's very possible. But if you only ever developed meaningful or powerful emotions only within the confines of a relationship, a part of you will always keep associating your close feelings and relationship with romantic intimacy which can even strain your friendship or confuse you.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if I am not longer in love with them. If your brain is still pumped full of hormonal, bonding, lust, and love inducing hormones then you are destined for failure. Wait until that fades and you can still love them in a more rational way.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• I'd say NO. I'm on good terms with pretty much all my ex girlfriends BUT good terms is a whole different meaning than being friends. Friendships are when you two still do things together like go to the movies or talk on phone.. if you're not doing that with your ex I wouldn't call it a friendship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Would like to see the person you love dating someone else and know all of their adventures or dates were the same as yours or similar? Would that make you feel comfortable?

But guess what. I loved her so much, that I would see her being happy with someone else then frustrated and upset being with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not if you still love them.

I've never done it myself. But I can already see how one person would want the relationship to go in a different direction than what the other wants.

0|1
    0|0
  • It really depends on many things. The reason the relationship ended and the kind of relationship you have, for example.
    It mostly requires a lot of strength and time to be able to see someone you loved romantically as just a friend. But still possible

0|0
    0|0
  • There has to be time to heal. It can’t happen overnight. It took years each time, but 1 ex has been my best friend for a decade and another ex is tolerable to speak to again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no and those that think they can are sorely mistaken

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm friends with some of ex's. But one of them I can never be friends with her because I was so deeply in love with her. I can't see her dating someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, after all we just got out of a toxic relationship but that doesn't mean that we have declared war on each other!

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if you're fucking stupid.

1|0
    1|0
  • Sounds like the road to ruin.

0|1
    0|0
  • That never works and It never worked for me

0|1
    0|0
  • Nopes

0|0
    0|0
  • love? i don't think so, its pointless anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate that bitch

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea I can

0|0
    0|0
  • Heck no

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I'm friends with one of my exes, but I used to hate him at the time. Now we're fine, I don't feel love nor hate. The ex I used to love, not a long time ago, deleted anything about him and tried to forget him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be lying if I say yes I can. I love him but I won't be there listening to him rave about his new girl. No way.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can, but it can hurt. Sometimes. Other times, it may feel better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. I've tried but it has failed every time, it always ends with us getting back together, and there ARE reasons why you break up in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I've done that. It's hard at the beginning, but then it's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • if y'all are... its def not beneficial, unless y'all have kids together

0|0
    0|0
  • you can try to be as close as possible with them

0|0
    0|0
  • in time - once the feelings are gone

0|0
    0|0
  • no you can't be friends

0|0
    0|0
  • That's hard, because you're just hurting yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. My ex is one of the closest people to me and I’ll always love him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I still love him, I miss him a lot. But that doesn't mean I can have a peace with him being friend with him.
    He hurt my heart, I can't retrieve my love for him, I have to move on and accept things left like that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes