How do you cope with missing someone?

I'm currently down in the dumps because I miss someone so badly. It actually bothers me that I miss him so much because I didn't know him that well and obviously he doesn't think about me at all. So now I'm looking for advice. How do you cope with missing someone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The mind is a powerful tool, but it can be easily manipulated. Your thoughts create your reality, and ergo, if you find thoughts dwell upon a particular incident, person or place, you can circumvent your thoughts by distracting yourself - there are any number of distractions and diversions that can occupy your time, the challenge is simply finding one that works for you.

To distract yourself effectively, you must suspend your reality in some way.

Good examples of the suspension of reality might be: going to the cinema, painting, reading a gripping novel, repairing your car, undertaking a new project, listening to good music, engaging in a hobby; photography perhaps, or illustration. You might try to learn a new skill, or a language, meet up with your friends, redecorate or otherwise change your room, or even watch a good boxset through.

Regular, constant distractions are how I deal with these situations. Try it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes we are missing the person we thought they was, an not the actual person. We're mourning who we thought they was, an how we hoped, an how we thought things should've went. Missing people is apart of life. There is no real cure. Somethings we just have to feel, have to go threw, until we can move past it. I don't know all your details to be able to answer this as I might would've. But, all I can say is, consider all I said, an do all you can to move past it. But, it does sound to me, that what you're really missing an mourning, is not so much them... but who you thought they was, hoped they was, hoped would be. I hope you can move on. I always found that once my anger an pride kicks in, it helps with this in some cases. No one is sitting around dying inside over me... that thought helps.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• You fill your time with passions and hobbies, you start doing things that make you feel better and be yourself, in time you're gonna meet better people and then you'll be joking and laughing that you ever missed him, it's okay.

2|0
    0|0
  • Distraction.. if u play any sports or hobbies get busy.. if not take up volleyball.. its such a social sport.. u will male so many new friends.. take a vacation somewhere. Go bowling. Do something new. The key is to not be alone when u have time to think..

1|1
    0|0
  • I always try and keep myself busy, I lost my girlfriend to suicide last November. And even now if I'm not busy or even the small things like seeing a picture or something makes me miss her a lot. Best advice I can give is stay busy though. It helps.

1|1
    0|0
  • Get a hobby and dive into it. If you don't have time, that's a good thing. Keep your mind occupied. But unfortunately at night you will probably lapse back into thoughts of him. For that all I can suggest is keeping the room dark and relaxing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay busy. An idle mind will stew over pain. Get a hobby, go work out. Pull a couple more hours at work. Keep moving forward. Don’t stay still.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to miss a former friend who passed away two years ago. At some point, I starting viewing it like I have an angel in heaven, and she's happy there...

1|0
    0|0
  • Find a worthwhile distraction and maybe just maybe you'll forget all about him. Maybe it's the time of year. It'll pass

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish I would have been there.
    I have been feeling the same for last 1.5yrs but unable to cope.
    Apparently I did everything what a boyfriend can do for his girl n she never valued them.

U can talk to me if u want, pm me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aww poor thing. I also recently split didn't got dumped thou. But still it's tough. Try to busy your mind towards your pen life. Set goals and achieve them

1|0
    0|0
  • I am cured of missing someone, even if I love them. All we gotta understand is that circumstances dint control how we feel, it's ourselves who command our brain how we feel. Train your brain. 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • I get a little green

1|0
    0|0
  • Find a rebound and tell him you wanna fuck until you feel better. I'm sure there'll be lots of takers

0|0
    0|0
  • I look at her picture and cry till there's no tears left in my eyes..

0|0
    0|0
  • Dive into work or school... Time heals all 100%

2|0
    0|0
  • Learn to aim better

0|0
    0|0
  • How do you know his heart dosent ache for you?

0|0
    0|0
  • U hv to directly meet him and share it feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • Have sex

0|0
    1|0
  • I coped with it by just being busy and getting my mind off the person. It also helped me that I knew it would be final, that I'd never see him again.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I usually take time to reset.. reset my goals, what I want, what I deserve, what I'm not willing to go through again. Distract myself, go out more, enjoy life, read a book or audiobook to get some motivation and psychology in me. During my divorce I faked it till I made it lol I pretended everything was fine... I guess I ended up convincing myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • You got to keep your mind busy and time will heal the rest not much more you can do.

1|0
    0|0
  • I read, just bury myself in books and music, or I study until I can't think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like a problem I have. I miss an old crush that I grew up with. He moved far away, but still has family here. Anyways, every time I think I've moved on, he keeps appearing in my dreams, so the next day, they are on my mind. I've been in 3 relationships anyways over the years, so not like I sit at home pining for him lol. But, I call it a curse, cuz for some odd ball reason, I can go months without thinking or caring about him, and little do you know, surprise! He's back in one of my dreams again:( if anything, it's extremely confusing

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes