How do you cope with missing someone?

I'm currently down in the dumps because I miss someone so badly. It actually bothers me that I miss him so much because I didn't know him that well and obviously he doesn't think about me at all. So now I'm looking for advice. How do you cope with missing someone?

520

Most Helpful Guy

• The mind is a powerful tool, but it can be easily manipulated. Your thoughts create your reality, and ergo, if you find thoughts dwell upon a particular incident, person or place, you can circumvent your thoughts by distracting yourself - there are any number of distractions and diversions that can occupy your time, the challenge is simply finding one that works for you.

To distract yourself effectively, you must suspend your reality in some way.

Good examples of the suspension of reality might be: going to the cinema, painting, reading a gripping novel, repairing your car, undertaking a new project, listening to good music, engaging in a hobby; photography perhaps, or illustration. You might try to learn a new skill, or a language, meet up with your friends, redecorate or otherwise change your room, or even watch a good boxset through.

Regular, constant distractions are how I deal with these situations. Try it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes we are missing the person we thought they was, an not the actual person. We're mourning who we thought they was, an how we hoped, an how we thought things should've went. Missing people is apart of life. There is no real cure. Somethings we just have to feel, have to go threw, until we can move past it. I don't know all your details to be able to answer this as I might would've. But, all I can say is, consider all I said, an do all you can to move past it. But, it does sound to me, that what you're really missing an mourning, is not so much them... but who you thought they was, hoped they was, hoped would be. I hope you can move on. I always found that once my anger an pride kicks in, it helps with this in some cases. No one is sitting around dying inside over me... that thought helps.