How can guys go from being completely in love to simply not caring?

we were together on and off for 2 years then completely on for another 2.5 years. I met all of his family and friends his family considered me family he always called me his wife he always talked about how he was going to marry me and start a family with me. We conceived a child together but i didn't keep it because i was young and in college. He seemed so in love with me always wanted to be with me if we broke up well always get right back together in less than 3 days then suddenly its like he just stopped caring. We broke up 3 days later he had sex with another girl i cried to him i was so hurt its like he didn't even care. I met up with him yesterday to try and talk he was so indifferent he didn't want to be bothered his girlfriend was there at the house. Weve been broken up for only 2 weeks i dont understand how he can just move on so fast after everything weve been through. he's so cold and indifferent towards me now like i dont even exist. When we were together i was always there for him always thinking about him there was nothing i wouldn't have done for him and he swore he loved me because of how genuine and good hearted i was and now its like he just dont care about me or what i do. But why? how could he just stop caring so fast? at one point he acted as if he couldnt live without me now its like he doesn't even care if i die im so hurt and betrayed he doesn't even care that im hurting. I was the best girlfriend i could be to him and its like he just doesn't care but why? Did he just fall out of love with me after everything?
4
2