What does this mean?

After months of being broken up with my ex she has started contacting me. Just about every week now she will text me only saying "good morning," and nothing more. I reply back with the same thing and sometimes I ask how she's doing but she never has anything else to say. What is up with only saying the one thing and nothing else?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh she is SO temperature checking you. I've done this myself, I ain't proud to say it, but it's true, lol. She's interested, she misses you, but she's checking to see if you're still interested or if she can even get a reaction out of you. It may be as simple as just wanting attention because she's lonely.

The question here is how do you feel? If you're done and no longer interested, don't reply back to her texts. If you ARE interested, hit her up, ask her what the deal is. You totally have nothing to lose either way, you guys already broke up.

Good luck sweetie :)

What Girls Said 2

• Who broke up with who? How long were you together? Were you in love? Do you want her to continue contacting you and if so why or why not? Is your heart broken or hers? If she is heartbroken, she's still hanging on, hoping you will reach out and want to see her again or come back to her after the hiatus. You're not doing that, but simply mirroring her text. Her pride won't let her ask you back or initiate anything that appears to suggest that she does. Otherwise, if this is not the case, you need to ask her what's going on in her head. Break ups with someone you love can take years to recover from if she didn't want to break up and hasn't found anyone to replace you with.

• I just went through this with my ex boyfriend. We just reached our 6 month mark since our break up and I missed him so I started calling to see how he was doing and texting him how are you and goodmorning. it satisfied my "withdrawls" to text him even if we didn't talk or anything...it gave me a sense of satisfaction because all I wanted to do was communicate with him in SOME TYPE OF WAY...it doesn't mean she wants to get back together, she just misses you.

What Guys Said 2

• Fishing for attention and checking if you moved on before her or still interested. Your reply satisfied her that you are still suffering and haven't moved on.

Stop replying and move on. If she is really interested to be back then she shouldn't be playing pride game and attention seeking behaviour. She should get the green signal after you replied back and should have continued with the convo.

• It either sounds like she's having thoughts about you and trying to contact you again, or she's the type to brush off a break up and contact you for the hell of it. If she doesn't say anything else, she could either be fishing for you try and start up a conversation, or that's really all she is wanting to say. If she does say something back then, she could again be trying to get into closer contact with you.

That's the spider web of what could be happening, at least with the details that you gave.