Open relationship, separation or divorce... I'm so confused?

Im a 34 female. I been married 10 years we have 3 kids. Sex has always been bad but I married him for love. Im never sexually satisfied. These past 3 years I really feel checked out of my relationship and this past year I find myself checking out other guys. I never did that before. My husband is aware of all of this as I been very honest. My husband is very happy in the relationship. I brought up divorce as I am so unhappy but truthfully I can't imagine life without him. He don't want a divorce either. I asked him for an open relationship. I feel guilty asking for this but I'm so unhappy. He don't want to do it. Then sometimes he says yes, then no. I told him I'm scared I might cheat on him. I just want to have satisfying sex. I need to be touched. I cry over this. I thought an open relationship could be an attempt to try something different. I feel I'm beeing selfish but I can live without sex anymore. I mean we have sex it's just so bad. I don't know what to do.

122

Most Helpful Guy

• I can see u love him and sex isn't everything, and he loves u so much that even he agreed on sometimes that u can have an open relationship, no guys/husband do that until they really care for Ur happiness.
    Who will be there for u when u will be older in the late 40s then sex won't matter, only the care and love would, u just wanna get satisfaction in sex I get it, go and have with someone but I must tell you don't ever leave Ur husband, also think about your 3 kids, they would be devastated n they won't be able to get love from both parents together, always it will be in their mind that u guys are seperated.
    Trust me Ur husband loves u more than u love him and that's very hard to get.
    Prostitutes get sex all the time but they don't have a love life, although they wish for love but hardly someone comes out of blue and love a prostitute.

Don't divorce Ur husband, n think for a solution.

• Wow... all that was very well said and thank you for not leaving a nasty comment like some of the others. I'm just hurt and confused and needed to vent. I do love him but I can't help the feeling that come sometimes I really miss being touched.

• Also please pm me if u want to know more because I won't let this relationship end

• Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• teach him how to get better or what you want unless you're unhappy because he is too small down there?

• Even if he is too small, he has hands, a mouth, and a brain. He can use one or more to figure something out.

• He's actually extremely big. He's just not good at sex. He says so himself. We tried to work on sex, I told him what I like, what he needs to do. It never seems to help he's just bad at it. I just miss being touched and it feeling good... 10 years is a long time.

• I'm sure there are couples workshops and marriage counselors who can help with that. If he's big, the rest is simply learning which I know he's capable of. Maybe he just needs a professional to teach you both stuff. The important thing is to not ruin a marriage over this.