Is it lesser sin to cheat when your relationship is going downhill for a very long time?

• No, it's equally sinful because one can always breakup before cheating.
    Vote A
  • Yes, it's less sinful because relationship was toxic and unhealthy anyway.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If your relationship is going downhill, then either fix it or break up. But doing be an asshole and cheat. Cheating is so disrespectful

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to post my opinion without voting because to base something on the morality of sinful on not is contradictory to a religion, and I am without religion in the first place so it's pointless. But from a right or wrong perspective. Yes it is wrong because who is to say your significant other doesn't feel the opposite of what you feel? What if your relationship being on the fray brings them distress? By cheating you are potentially damaging that person emotionally and mentally. Just don't cheat ever. Leave the relationship, be truthful as to why you want to leave and don't be like every other scumbag that cheats no matter the gender.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Never cheat, even if your relationship is going downhill. You never know things could start picking up again

1|4
    0|0
  • If you don't wanna be with them anymore break up stop wasting both of you guys times. Also if your with the person you liked them a lot at some point why be so disrespectful to someone you care about on some level. That just says what kind of person they are when someone cheats they are cowards with no respect for the people around them

0|0
    0|0
  • In a sense it is more "understandable" for someone to cheat when their relationship is already suffering. But that doesn't necessarily make it any more forgivable.

1|0
    0|0
  • There’s no point on cheating, you can always breakup with him/her if you want someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • No excuse. If you want to have sex with other people, it's time for a break-up.

0|0
    0|0
  • i cheated on my ex boyfriend as he was always with his mates, now he go's with my ex friend which fcuked me off x

0|0
    0|0
  • No, cheating is always dis respectful no matter what.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone knows the answer to this, there's no way around it

0|0
    0|0
  • no, you're still a shithead -- god

1|1
    0|0
  • Cheating is NEVER okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Just break up then. Cheating is never ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • that's just the coward's route ฅ ̳͒•ˑ̫• ̳͒ฅ

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's the same

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• It's worse in my opinion as if you've been with someone for a long time then you should be able to sit down and talk about the relationship both good and bad if you can't do that then don't get into a relationship until you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's still bad, but I think many people view it a little less negatively when it's gone. It's a sign, though, that you should already have broken up with your partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well though i know your struggle. Cheating can back fire. Aka karama. One day the love of your life will do the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheaters are scum. Just break up before and do whatever u want

0|2
    0|0
  • Its morally wrong to do so. Just get out of that relationship. If you go about cheating you may not leave and things will get much worse when you get caught.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not break up with the chic instead of cheating on her?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. I can see and think of too many scenarios I've witnessed in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Breaking up isn't all ways simple and easy. Still best done before moving on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Relationship is a commitment as well as a responsibility. Face the problem then do what u want

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is cheating. There's no lesser

0|0
    0|0
  • There is never an excuse to cheat on your partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • First breakup then you can do what you want

1|0
    0|0
  • don't be a punk and just break up

0|0
    0|0
  • Why wouldn't you just break it off?

0|0
    0|0
  • Though I havent' done it, I think it's a lesser sin to cheat when the relationship is sort of over but you're staying together to raise a family, and dont' fight. It would be better to be formal about opening it. But I'm not that sympathetic to people who havent' slept with their spouse in a year, turn down their spouses advances or attempts to improve things, and then act shocked when they sleep with someone else.

If you don't have kids, just fucking end it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes