Is it lesser sin to cheat when your relationship is going downhill for a very long time?

• No, it's equally sinful because one can always breakup before cheating.
  • Yes, it's less sinful because relationship was toxic and unhealthy anyway.

1516

Most Helpful Girl

• If your relationship is going downhill, then either fix it or break up. But doing be an asshole and cheat. Cheating is so disrespectful

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to post my opinion without voting because to base something on the morality of sinful on not is contradictory to a religion, and I am without religion in the first place so it's pointless. But from a right or wrong perspective. Yes it is wrong because who is to say your significant other doesn't feel the opposite of what you feel? What if your relationship being on the fray brings them distress? By cheating you are potentially damaging that person emotionally and mentally. Just don't cheat ever. Leave the relationship, be truthful as to why you want to leave and don't be like every other scumbag that cheats no matter the gender.