Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone in your past relationship(s)?

What did you do about it? Or did u just let the feeling pass?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Break ups are never fun, no matter how it's done. But if you are willing to break up then don't ever look back because it will never be the same.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a breakup but cut someone out of my life that I care about deeply. My short story... he was my first and only so far but has been a “f*ckboy” for the longest with no indication of truly changing. We tried keeping keeping in contact , I wasted $$ to go see him and didn’t, he’d say one thing but do the opposite, he was still worried about dealing with other females, and was acting like he couldn’t communicate. After the spending my money incident, I told him to never contact me again and I meant it at the time b/c I was rightfully angry. I ended up regretting it almost immediately, tried to text him... nothing. We were still friends on social media and we’d occasionally like each others pictures but nothing else. I missed him on and off for months and felt every emotion possible during... still something I’m dealing with b/c at times I want to tell him I got my own place and invite him over. But then, I remember all the things that happened and how it’s the same story from the first time in high school (2015) and to not waste my time.

I don't know your situation but what I can say is that we’re ALWAYS going to miss people who are no longer in our lives , especially when that position is no longer being occupied... doesn’t always mean we should keep that person in our life or try bringing them back.

Sometimes, you probably need to reach out just to see what'll happen and if that’s what you want to do, do it. Just be mindful that a relationship takes 2 people and you can’t repair a 2 person job on your own so if you try and your effort isn’t reciprocated , previous issues don’t get fixed, and things get worse... just let it go

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• I did , and I just let the feelings pass me by I was young and didn’t make an attempt besides show up figuring she would be at certain places like her school

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Most of the breakups needed to happen. Their are a bunch of assholes people that just are interested in what you have than who you are... Women experience that, but surprise, men do too!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, unfortunately I didn't find that person yet. I am happy that my relationships ended in that way.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I still do sometimes we had the most interesting sexual life but also we had a strong relationship but she being so jelows all the time killed me

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think about her everyday.. God why am I so so stupid I should have done everything I could to keep her my queen

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh..
      I hope I didn't make u feel even worse about it.

And try to focus on why it ended... so that u can move on.

• Yep, I let the feeling pass, 10 years after we bumped into each other, now we're friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I have it was because she stoped being needy witch I really like both in a sexy and personal way. It was stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • No i haven't , but i think it depends on why i endee that relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • No never

1|0
    0|0
  • No, never. It happened for a reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah for like 5 mins lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Never Broke Up With Anyone, Never Regretted Anyone I Dated...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• It wasn't much so regret, but just hard to move on. As there was one relationship where we both broke things off on good terms due to us not wanting to hold each other back due to our diffrent stages in life after he graduated from high school. The wonder of "what if situations were diffrent?" really sank into thought as it was hard to move on as I still loved him and was less prepared to let go.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have regretted breaking up with my ex but I let the feelings pass because it's in the past and it doesn't matter anymore so I have to keep it in the past.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Did nothing about it. Hurting him once is more than enough. The feeling will never be gone. Every devoted relationship will leave a mark somewhere in us whether we choose to admit it or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I definitely have. Some I've gotten back with, some I've ignored, but every time I've quickly realized that it ended for a reason and I'm better off without them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, because I'm currently with an amazing partner. If I break up with them, then yeah I'd totally regret this one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never! I always like to think there's someone always better.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I’ve never regretted any breakups. I’ve been in contact with a few ex boyfriends and was happy we ended our relationships.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's happened to me before but i just moved on,,

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I think I only regret not breaking up with them sooner and unfortunately left it consume all my energies

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea once until his new girlfriend hammered me in front of him x

1|0
    0|0
  • No, if did the breaking up, there was a reason and never regretted the decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope he was an asshole

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I wish i liked her as much as she liked me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol, nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never broke up. They broke up with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I did, I broke up with this guy that was a sweetheart and probably would have never broken up with me. But now I'm with someone better that is more for me and I am now glad I broke up with the other guy because I found someone better down the road. I broke up with him for a really dumb reason too and I feel bad about it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I should have broken up with him sooner, or I should have got to know why he gave me cold treatment before I broke up.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes