Does my boyfriend just want to be my friend?

Kind of on here looking for permission/advice.
Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year and lately for the past month or so I've felt unhappy. He's not really effectionate, is rarely in the mood for sex and it's getting me down, I've spoke to him about being unhappy NUMEROUS times and all he says is 'I'm not arguing about this again'. I know he doesn't want to break up and if I did he would act clueless and be like 'this is something so small' but right now I'm in a relationship but I don't feel like I'm in a relationship, if that makes sense?
When I confront him about sex and things he says he's happy just sat with me watching a movie and doesn't want to be all over me? It's like he wants me in his life but just as a friend. Weird.
He doesn't put in much effort and wants to see me around twice a week which to me isn't enough. All these things make me feel he doesn't love me, I've told him and nothing has changed. Also, I don't want to keep asking for reassurance that he loves me or not ☹️☹️
I don't know what to do, I love him but I'm unhappy. Is this good enough reason to leave? I'm afraid that if I leave I'll instantly regret my decision and I don't want to be the girl who breaks up and keeps running back!
Can t better or is it doomed?
I'm a very anxious person too and he doesn't really acknowledge it, maybe this is just me and my insecurities?
2
0