What are reasons why an ex would still try to stay in contact after they broke up with you?

What reasons why an ex would still try to stay in contact after they broke up with you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he might still be conflicted about his feelings, or maybe he just wants to be friends? Maybe he's hoping to have a, how should i put it? A physical relationship with you?
    You could just outright ask him, he might give you a straight answer..

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) they're genuinely not over you (this is rare, but it depends entirely upon how you broke up).

2) they want to remain friends with you (slightly more common).

3) they want to use you for their own physical or emotional pleasure (again, depends on the dynamics of the relationship you shared together) - maybe they want you around for when they begin to feel lonely, maybe they know they can use you to boost their own self-esteem. (This can be common after a break up).

4) they are regretting their decision to break up with you or are having second thoughts (again, this is common... but the guy will make it clear soon that he's regretting it. If he doesn't show signs of regret then you can disregard this point.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • 5) to keep things civil. Maybe he doesn't want to feel guilty, maybe you have to see each other regularly and he realises that you'll need to learn how to get on platonically. (I guess this is less common though).

6) maybe he's simply checking up on you (quite common).

7) maybe you spent a lot of time together and he's finding it difficult to adjust to life without you - although this doesn't always mean he wants you back - it can meant that he's just used to having you in his life through a force of habit.

It could be a mixture any of these. It really depends on the guy and what kind of relationship you shared - but I'm sure you'll be able to have a rough idea based on your own knowledge :)

I hope I maybe helped a little.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Sex. That's the only reason a guy stays in contact with an ex.

0|0
    1|0
  • He didn't broke up with you. You are in the middle of a game.

0|0
    0|0
  • I need to know too, my ex keeps seeing my stories. I find it annoying but I can't stop her like

0|0
    0|0
  • Very rare to be anything other than sex

0|0
    1|1
  • I rebuke this

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• I'm actually really good friends with my ex (lol just one NOT all)... we were friends before and we had a good thing for a while but we broke up and although it was awkward for a bit we're still good friends... maybe he wants to be friends? Was it a bad break up?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the only reason an ex would try to stay in contact is because he or she still cares.

2|0
    0|0
  • We have a cellphone contact together. We have a car together... we have an apartment in both of our names but i dont live there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll be honest, I dumped a man back in November because he was a crappy dad and even worse partner. He was pawning his daughter off on me after having the grandmother raising his child for the last eight years. The child shits her pants and has absolutely no structure/ responsibilities/expectations etc. My five year old is better behaved, more responsible, etc. I tried staying in contact with him for his daughter's sake. He was in a custody battle triangle at the time. She had already lost her mom to heroin and her grandfather beats the grandmother infront of her and the child is drawing photos in her diary of naked men and women and talking about loving sex. He was too stupid to see why I was still trying to be there for the child and thought I was trying to use him like his other exes. (I'm a single mom who didn't go after child support, but I don't ask anyone for anything. I provide for me and mine!)

0|0
    0|0
  • he whats you as a possible rebound. he's not over you. but i wouldn't get my hopes up for it being anything good

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes