What are reasons why an ex would still try to stay in contact after they broke up with you?

What reasons why an ex would still try to stay in contact after they broke up with you?

1110

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he might still be conflicted about his feelings, or maybe he just wants to be friends? Maybe he's hoping to have a, how should i put it? A physical relationship with you?
    You could just outright ask him, he might give you a straight answer..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) they're genuinely not over you (this is rare, but it depends entirely upon how you broke up).

2) they want to remain friends with you (slightly more common).

3) they want to use you for their own physical or emotional pleasure (again, depends on the dynamics of the relationship you shared together) - maybe they want you around for when they begin to feel lonely, maybe they know they can use you to boost their own self-esteem. (This can be common after a break up).

4) they are regretting their decision to break up with you or are having second thoughts (again, this is common... but the guy will make it clear soon that he's regretting it. If he doesn't show signs of regret then you can disregard this point.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • 5) to keep things civil. Maybe he doesn't want to feel guilty, maybe you have to see each other regularly and he realises that you'll need to learn how to get on platonically. (I guess this is less common though).

6) maybe he's simply checking up on you (quite common).

7) maybe you spent a lot of time together and he's finding it difficult to adjust to life without you - although this doesn't always mean he wants you back - it can meant that he's just used to having you in his life through a force of habit.

It could be a mixture any of these. It really depends on the guy and what kind of relationship you shared - but I'm sure you'll be able to have a rough idea based on your own knowledge :)

I hope I maybe helped a little.