Why does my ex boyfriend keep asking me this?

So me and my ex boyfriend broke up 3 weeks ago and we were together for 1 and a half years
Its both our longest relationship
He wanted to focus on pursuing his dream job so he can't give me 100% commitment, time and attention anymore so he had to let me go
But he still wants to remain friends
We didn't talk much during the first week of the break up other than him messaging me to apologize to me
He asked me out on valentines day to the movies and for dinner and he also bought me bouquet of flowers that day
Ever since that day, he has been contacting me more often via facebook messaging
Then yesterday night, he asked me if he could call me and I said "yeah" coz I thought he had something important to tell me
So he called me straight away
And then we had a 20 minute conversation
He was asking how Im doing, my job, my weekend plans, what I've been upto
And then he was talking about his job and about the career he's pursuing right now and his future plans about it
And then he kept asking me "have u been on going dates? Tell me. I dont care"
And I would just try to avoid that topic because I have been going on dates but Im not gonna tell him that
And then he kept asking me "tell me how many dates youve been on? Are u going on dates this weekend? Just tell me.. i dont care. And I know how you are. you're not like me. All I do is go to work, come home, eat, sleep and then gym and then home again. I know you go out everyday. But if u are going on dates, good luck. Hope u find a guy that can deal with your craziness"
Like why does he keep asking me if im going on dates?
If he doesn't care, then why keep asking and saying all of this?
And why would he randomly want to call me? He wants to see how im doing?
I still have feelings for him and dont wanna lose him but im just frustrated on what he wants!
Do you guys think he lost romantic feelings for me?
Does he really not care that im dating other guys/going on dates?

• He still has romantic feelings for you
  • He lost romantic feelings for you

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Look he likes u and cares for u a lot.. it's not normal for a respectful person to let someone go if they have their goals ahead first... how ever.. with him asking u if u r going on dates.. and than calling u crazy it's a game... it's like he wants too have the best of both worlds.. like be single fuck around do what he is doing.. and hoping u stay single long enough to wait for him... look if he wanted to be with u he would make it possible.. if I where u I'd cut ties with him.. and move on.. sounds like a storm waiting to hit..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I'mma break this down for you:

"He wanted to focus on pursuing his dream job so he can't give me 100% commitment" - He wants you as a side girl that only exists on his schedule.

""have u been on going dates? Tell me. I dont care" Doesn't care, but demanding you tell him? YEAH OKAY.

"All I do is go to work, come home, eat, sleep and then gym and then home again" - Poor baby, his plan to sideline you for work (and probably other girls) didn't pan out, now he's sad.

"I know you go out everyday. But if u are going on dates, good luck. " - Possessive and jealous. Nice.

"deal with your craziness" - Projecting and gaslighting. Psycho and abusive.

----------------
    He's trying to crawl back and make you the one to take the heat for it.

I would never talk to this nobody again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • LMFAOOOO what the fuck?
      he's never been controlling or abusive. Wtf hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ im not taking advice from little shits like you omg hahahahhaha

• @wazzergump Omg i didn't even read what she said to you before this.

Girl's got some issues.

• LmaaooooooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚