When do you know its right to end a long distance relationship?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• When you realize, you're not sad but not happy either.

A relationship can be stable but your "wasting" your life by being a string one has to hold on to so far away. You have to decide if getting past the LDR will be worth it or can you find someone who can fill what you are looking for eventually.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When you feel that instinct and the feelings inside are making you think 'this wasn't the same as before 'things have changed I feel things are deteriorating'.

I wasn't in a long distance but I did feel the feelings where the relationship just didn't feel right. You tend to know how it is when you experience it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• It´s just like any other relationship. When the negatives outweigh the positives and you are running around in circles with broken communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you can't make any plans to be together and the time between gets to long. If you can't be together at least once a month it's too long. People grow to far apart and usually one or the other will meet someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • When u are not feeling shit anymore. When you desire someone else strongly and feel guilty for having feelings for someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you start feeling emotional disconnect whether it's long distance or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they never work. The feelings and chemistry just goes away. Better off ending it sooner the later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep going and see if it works out.

0|0
    0|0
  • When boredom initiates

0|0
    0|1
  • When its less and less communicating

0|0
    0|0
  • As soon as you find a replacement

0|0
    1|0
  • Your gut will tell you

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• When you start questioning if the distance is worth it and you can’t fake saying it is. Also if you start feeling less engaged and more like calling and being in contact is a chore. Long distances don’t tend to work as you can’t 100% show your feelings, so if you don’t feel it’s working then let it go. You’ll thank yourself when you find someone who you can see all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was in a long distance relationship for several years actually. He never even came to visit me and I always had to visit him. He never got a job and relied on his parents for everything. Sometimes you just have to move on when the other person isn't doing anything productive.

1|0
    0|0
  • When he stops putting in effort.
    When you feel like you're doing everything when it comes to communication and seeing each other.
    When he becomes to indifferent or distant.

0|1
    0|0
    • Agree. When response to your efforts clearly fades it's a red flag.

• The same way you would any other relationship, once you no longer feel the relationship is worth being in.

0|0
    0|0
  • when it becomes monotonous and it gets draining or one/both partners start to put less effort.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you barely talk to each other anymore without reason or if it gets one-sided.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you asked about this question. Means something wrong in your relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • When you seldom talk and he never craves for your attention anymore. When you dont miss each other anymore

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm in a happy long distance relationship for three years now. Sometimes really it gets boring it is normal.
      There was a time I was into this cycle.
      I didn't talk to him anymore for 3months but he made an effort to visit me still despite me getting somewhere else.

Effort is very important. We still vid calls everytime we sleep together either in messenger or Skype. We update each other daily and I sometimes still get bored with it but it is normal.
      A relationship either in ldr or IRL is having a cycle. When you never miss the person that is a faded love and interest. . .
      I got tired for a while too as he is 10yrs younger than me which never makes me happy at all.. But now I'm pregnant. Lol so yeah

• When their name popping up on your phone doesn't excite you anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are in a long-distance now and you're asking this question... You know the answer. The distance is making you question this relationship and should never be DEBATED or given a second thought about. It should be straightforward. Do you want to be with this person or not? Of course, there are other determiners. Is your significant other not contacting you like they should? Or, do they smell fishy and cheating does not seem that crazy for them? I still think, that first foremost, you should rely on your own thinking. This is a relationship between you two, and you two alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • when you realize there is no place for compromise and so you don’t see a future together?

0|0
    0|0
  • the time when our convo gets boring

0|0
    0|0
  • When things get strained. I dated a guy for 11months long distance, like we planned our future and everything. Then we started losing interest, we went together everyday so we couldn't talk about things we did and our conversations got boring. Then we would avoid each others calls because we had nothing to talk about and usually that would lead to a dumb argument. So we were either not talking or arguing over dumb shit. He also got really depressing and it made me depressed, he then lied about something but that's a different story. If you lose interest and calls get awkward, its usually a sign that its going to end.

0|0
    0|0
    • Can you tell me what did he lied

• Show All
    • And you're still under 18, you must trusted him a lot and loved truly but I didn't understand him why he really did that maybe there are personas with strange mind😅

• Yea I don't know but glad it's over I'm happier now

Recommended myTakes