Cheating ex told me “i want you. But I don’t deserve you?”?

He cheated on me. I found out about a month ago. I yelled at him for not even trying to fix it, he just left. He told me “it isn’t that i don’t want it anymore. I just don’t deserve you anymore. I never deserved you.” This infuriates me. I know it’s true, but, why would he say it NOW after i found out? He also said “maybe in the future we can try again after we work on ourselves”. I am so confused by him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Went through that as well, yea, i guess they just feel they dont deserve you because you are too good, and i actually agree with them cus then u and i can find someone who we can say we actually deserve, dont raise the bar up too hight tho lol

1|0
    0|0
    • I still love him a lot. And it’s true. He doesn’t deserve me. I deserve a lot better. :/

• Ik how you feel, i still love her too :/ but what can you do, its not like they are going to accept you, its not like they are going to change for the better, they clearly stopped trying, stopped caring, and they realized that and so they left knowing at least that would be the last good choice they would make for your own benefit, there is sadness in that realization ;-; as well as happiness :)

• Yes. That is true. My ex told me “maybe in the future we can try again”. His parents believe we’ll be together again. But, who knows. He needs to do a complete 180 change. And i do too. I need to get my confidence and self-esteem back. But, for now. I will enjoy the single life at college. And yes, these people did very bad things to us. I hope to come to forgive my ex in time. But, maybe they do realize they don’t deserve us. We should take more pride in ourselves :) i love my ex. Maybe after i date for a while, and he comes back, we can be together. But, for now... who knows. And yes, there is some good to it too :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah he is just a fuck boi, dont listen to him and dont go back to him. I dont think he is actually sorry- probably just saying those things because its easier than trying to fix the relationship. Once a cheater always a cheater

1|0
    0|0
    • That is what i believe. He told me “how can i fix it when you have such a set view and belief on cheating/cheaters?” I always told him, if he cheated. I was gone. But, now it actually happened. And i wanted to make it work. He doesn’t want to talk about it. So, yes. I believe it’s just an easy way out :/. Also he’s 25 and too old to be a fuckboi!!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• The only way to fix this is to forgive him but he has to want to get better and not just talk about not being enough

1|0
    0|0
    • I did want to fix it. But, maybe it is too soon. And, i don’t forgive him yet, at all. Sometimes i think i do, other times i get so angry and mad.

• Fuck this bull shit.
    Dump his ass and find some good man.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, he certainly proved himself right about not deserving you. 🙄
    And what did he mean by “working on ourselves”?

0|0
    0|0
    • We both had issues and were immature. I was very insecure and jealous. And he cheated on me and didn’t really appreciate me or communicate well with me in the relationship. I still love him, and would want things to work. But, i am still very angry and hold a lot of resentment.

• Well, best of luck.

• I'm confused also. :/

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• He wants to be free to sleep around. He likes you but he likes being a man hoe more.

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't listen to him just get away from him find some one else girl

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes