Why is the majority against going back with an ex?

I dont get why the majority are against going back with an ex
I mean not every situation/break ups are the same
Every time I see questions involving an ex.. people get pissed off and saying shit like "never go back with an ex" etc etc
I've seen couples that goes back with their ex and still working

920

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really know and it just kind of feels like bullshit. I got back with an ex. We had split up because I wasn't sure what was going on in my life but we got back together in like a month and continued very happily after that.

Eventually we did break up as we decided we weren't what was best for each other. It didn't really hurt because I knew it wasn't an issue of her not loving me, in fact it was partly because she loved me that she couldn't love me as much as I loved her and that I deserved better. I still loved her so I was happy for her when she ended up doing it for another guy (whom she had known for years and had been her best friend for forever).

In fact, due to all the negative connotations with the term "ex" I took to calling her my "mer" (short for forMER). I'd totally get back together with her one day if her boyfriend died (because realistically they're kind of perfect together and that's the only way in which she'd ever even consider someone else xD)

Most Helpful Girl

• The ones that to get back together and have it actually genuinely work out are the exception not the rule.

Mostly it doesn't work out because the initial problems are never fully looked at and stripped down in there entirety. Couples don't really talk in depth about the issue or issues and don't initiate an action plan to address the situation.

They rush back head first without really giving a lot of thought as to how to make it happen. It's easy for people to say 'I'm going to do this and I won't do that" but when push comes to shove typically noone really knows or can be bothered making it work which means they become empty words. That is why after a month or two the couple ends up breaking up yet again.

It's not as easy as people think it's going to be, the problems unless properly addressed will always be lurking in the background ready to rear their ugly head.

I've been there, it's difficult, doesn't feel the same and if it was a trust issue like mine then you better believe that it doesn't miraculously disappear... its still there!!