Does your astrological sign describe you?

I have read a lot of different things about my sign and almost all I have read are pretty much true about me as a woman. I'm just wondering if anyone else believes in astrology and if you have read about it, was it mostly true? Or was it completely opposite of you?

612

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck no! Not even remotely close.
    I'm a Pisces.
    I'm not the stereotypical "dreamer" as they claim me to be. I am loyal however. But if you fuck up ill be the first to let you know.

• Ok. Cool. Most of my close people that I've read about are so much them that its unreal. Some I've read about myself are not true, but for the most part, true.

• Most of them are like a fortune cookie. So broad and vague it could relate to more than one. I see no defining reason to allow something like that to determine who you are.
      Plus I dont like putting people in categories as we are all very special people that can't be quantified by some hokus pokus nonsense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Astrology is demonstably false.

There is no reason to think that celestial bodies have any impact on the character or luck of a person.
    Even if they did, there's no reason to think that the individuals time of birth would somehow still be relevant.

When tested, Astrologists can never pass any sort of exam. They can't figure out a group of peoples signs, based on questions asked to them, nor can they predict anything with a success rate above random chance.
    And lastly, Astrological predictions are always written to be as vague and all-encompassing as possible, meaning nobody can guess which of 12 predictions would be there's, if the star signs were not labelled.

• I'm not talking about horoscopes. I mean in general, the personality traits of a certain sign or the way they behave in relationships.. etc

• @Hispanic-Cool-Guy
      I think of you more as a debate punching bag.
      You don't really fight back, you just sit there and take hits. Good for training, not really an actual bout.

• @BlakRozes If you're interested in understanding yourself, particularly in terms of what would make you feel good or bad in a relationship, you might be interested in the quiz at www.5lovelanguages.com I have found that very helpful in understanding what someone needs and wants in a relationship. I have recommended that to several people on this site in response to questions they've asked and of the ones that have shared their scores after taking it I have so far always been accurate in my prediction of their approximate score on a particular love language just based on what they're unhappy about in their relationship. For example, people that are unhappy about not seeing or hearing from their partner enough almost always have high Quality Time scores. Personally I think the scores from that quiz are something every couple should share with each other pretty early in the relationship.