Does your astrological sign describe you?

I have read a lot of different things about my sign and almost all I have read are pretty much true about me as a woman. I'm just wondering if anyone else believes in astrology and if you have read about it, was it mostly true? Or was it completely opposite of you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck no! Not even remotely close.
    I'm a Pisces.
    I'm not the stereotypical "dreamer" as they claim me to be. I am loyal however. But if you fuck up ill be the first to let you know.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok. Cool. Most of my close people that I've read about are so much them that its unreal. Some I've read about myself are not true, but for the most part, true.

• Most of them are like a fortune cookie. So broad and vague it could relate to more than one. I see no defining reason to allow something like that to determine who you are.
      Plus I dont like putting people in categories as we are all very special people that can't be quantified by some hokus pokus nonsense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Astrology is demonstably false.

There is no reason to think that celestial bodies have any impact on the character or luck of a person.
    Even if they did, there's no reason to think that the individuals time of birth would somehow still be relevant.

When tested, Astrologists can never pass any sort of exam. They can't figure out a group of peoples signs, based on questions asked to them, nor can they predict anything with a success rate above random chance.
    And lastly, Astrological predictions are always written to be as vague and all-encompassing as possible, meaning nobody can guess which of 12 predictions would be there's, if the star signs were not labelled.

0|1
    1|0
    • I'm not talking about horoscopes. I mean in general, the personality traits of a certain sign or the way they behave in relationships.. etc

• Show All
    • @Hispanic-Cool-Guy
      I think of you more as a debate punching bag.
      You don't really fight back, you just sit there and take hits. Good for training, not really an actual bout.

• @BlakRozes If you're interested in understanding yourself, particularly in terms of what would make you feel good or bad in a relationship, you might be interested in the quiz at www.5lovelanguages.com I have found that very helpful in understanding what someone needs and wants in a relationship. I have recommended that to several people on this site in response to questions they've asked and of the ones that have shared their scores after taking it I have so far always been accurate in my prediction of their approximate score on a particular love language just based on what they're unhappy about in their relationship. For example, people that are unhappy about not seeing or hearing from their partner enough almost always have high Quality Time scores. Personally I think the scores from that quiz are something every couple should share with each other pretty early in the relationship.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Pffffffffffff. No! They wish to be the half what i am, poor stars. It's a very well written manipulated words, they write almost the same to all the signs using a lot of of synonyms of good words to make it look different, just my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I read all 12 signs traits and I found a little bit of my personality in all of them.

Astrology signs are fake and can be applied to anyone.

0|1
    1|0
  • I sometimes I believe it but I realize that it depends on the person's character. I am a pieces. Capricorn is compatible to me but some treated me like crap. All of the other signs even with my own sign are compatible with me except Leo Gemini Sagittarius and sometimes Libra

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually about 75% accurate, for real.

0|0
    0|0
    • Everythong I've read about a Cancer woman has been about that accurate.. my mom is also Cancer and I'm just like her..

• Show All
    • It's the same as saying "Tell me about it" or plainly saying "I am the same as you". When it comes to your last statement, I feel ya.

• Gemini

Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a cappy and some does.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a Scorpio and it does fit me pretty well

0|0
    0|0
  • It said I was a burrito

0|0
    0|0
  • No it does not

0|0
    0|0
  • I think, in general, the problem with Astrology, is the more in-depth you read, the more it describes everyone. Also, I think people overestimate their ability to “know themselves” as people generally think of themselves not as they are, but how they want/need to see themselves, all you have to do is get into a long term relationship and live with a SO to see how different other people see you, the truth is likely a combination, and somewhere in the middle

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Astronomy is arbitrary and made up. If it happens to describe, that's mere coincidence.

0|1
    1|0
    • Ove read about myself, my sister, partner, son, nephew and friends and it pretty accurately describes..

• That's cool, but it doesn't mean anything. The way astronomy works, is it uses very broad descriptions that will always apply to a large number of people. So while it happened to describe your sister, partner, etc. accurately, it didn't do so with many many other people.

• Ok. Sounds good.

• Yes. But that's not all. people usually thinks your sun sign is all astrology boils down too when it's really not. In your birth chart you have your ascendant, your rising sign, and a sign for every planet. there's aspects. there is transits. They all go together and form what's more likely to be your personality, indicates the things you should work on or give guidance to the skills you should develop, etc. There is so much more than your sun sign. But most people don't even know that.

0|0
    0|0
    • I do. I've read a lot about mine. I don't think someone can predict your future, but I do know that what I've read about the cancer woman, its me.. almost completely.

• Neither do I... but it's interesting anyway.

• I do too.. I've always wanted to try a "psychic" to see if they can really tell me about my life.. past, present.. Just wasn't sure if I wanted to waste the $ or not..

• Yep. I can be charming, I love nice things, I'm indecisive to the point it drives me mad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, everything is says about a Virgo, I am.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, mine is so much like me its crazy

1|0
    0|0
    • What is your sign? I am a Cancer and mone is terribly accurate..

• Show All
    • :-) I'm so emotional sometimes.. But my first instinct is to make others happy..

• Yep. I can completely relate to that. Im a social worker and I've always been very empathetic towards others

Recommended myTakes